Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Inactive User

LOL Unsuspecting '93 Duster V. '95 Grand AM GT V-6

Ok, so I'm in High Point, race capital of the state. Saturday night, Friday is hot too. Except, I'm on a sidestreet, headed to Jamestown, and of the locals know where that is. Ok, so anyway, I pull up to the red light, first in my lane, paco in the other lane, first as well. Goes green, [I have a 5 speed so I have to rev it out a little harder than autos] I rev it to about 3750, ya know, normal off the line rpms. Then paco comes flying up, I'm like hellll no...so I shift it into 2nd pretty quick, still havent caught on yet. I see him coming up quick so I floor it, and it takes a second for my car to hit the sweet spot of the revs, and I wind it out all the way to 5850, at about 47, the road is a 45, and I just saw a cop pass by at the light and I had about half a car on him. So, I shut it down at the speed limit, I had him beat then anyway. I figure he wanted a 2nd chance because he accelerated to about 60, but since I beat him at a lower speed, and pretty hard, I was happy. I woulda raped the ahole if I'd figured out we were gonna race at the start. When we got to the red, I looked over at him, and he wouldn't look back, I left the line hard, he didn't, and at the next red he turned, I yelled "That was fun!"! And it was, that was my first obvious street race from 0 with a half aorthy competitor, I've beat Suburbans, Silverados, an Accord I've had many light challenges and passes, but that was fun.. I WANT MORE! Now, I'm going into the mods, a bigger tb, a good air filter, plugs and wires, etc. I'm planning on getting a job outside the family that will afford me a turbo car, either a T1, a T2, or a T3 Spirit or Daytona , and mod the hell out of that and use my Duster as my daily and EVENTUALLY boost my 3.0 Duster so that'll be fun. But I wanted to share it with ya, hope you enjoyed reading

SK