Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Inactive User

Default Quickies

I got a couple of quick questions..
Has anyone ever replaced their rear quarters on the duster/dart sport? The quarter comes over the top of the quarter by the rear side glass..Do I flange the quarter area on the car and the area that overlaps or cut the area on the new quarter and just flange the (side)? which is easiest the blend after replacement?

Also I cant seem to center my steering wheel.. either way i go seems to max the tie rods out..Any suggestions? Its been a while since Ive been under it and I know on alot of GMs the pitman arm has a 3 way key on it..Is this true for the A-body or any dodge??

Got my camber finally right and tortion bars adjusted with my new tires..Wanna get all this squared away cuz its time to do body work and dont want grease on the new paint!haha

Also would just like to say you guys are tons of help Thanks alot..
I can work on just about everything but I live in a GM town ans dont get the chance to work on many chryslers..
Old 07-22-2003, 01:49 AM

Unless the quarter is significantly damaged, I'd cut where I had to do the least amount to replace the damaged area. IIRC, the trunk flange is seperate from the quarter, but either way, you may want to remove as much of the original quarter panel you can by drilling out the factory spot welds, especially around the original rear tailight panel and underneath.
The steering wheel problem seems odd. Have the adjustment sleeves between the inner and outer tierods ever been changed? If they were incorrect, bent or either too long or too short, that could possibly cause the problem you're having. But that would be unusual without any large part swapping done previously. You may also want to unhook the steering box, then go from lock to lock turning the wheel so you are absolutely sure you are starting at dead center. Also, if you've got new parts, be sure they gave you the correct pieces. I've found wrong parts in right boxes more than once.