Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Inactive User

Family Durango vs. Eclipse Spyder

The wife and I dropped off the kids at grandma's house yesterday and were on the way to see David Copperfield in Atlanta. Traffic was off and on heavy on this little four lane highway we were on. This idiot in a riced eclipse spyder kept weaving in and out of traffic and must have jumped in front of us a dozen times. He would pass us pedal to the medal with the fart can roarin', then he would get caught by a slow poke in his lane and get a few cars back behind us. To be honest it was really annoying me bad. It really was a nice bright silver eclipse spyder . . . minus the blue air vents, the 48" tall wing, the huge fart can muffler, about two or three hundred stickers (k&n, nopi, nos, etc) and the best . . . a big blue dragon on the hood and extending down the sides of the car. Anyway I got tired of this 12 year old passing me . . . I couldn't even here myself think when the fart can turbo kicked in. Now I haven't raced since I was in my late teens early twenties but I wasn't going to let this guy pass me again. So here he comes again, we are cruising at about 50 mph, he is right behind me and he is changing into his left lane to come around me on my left. As soon as he gets beside me I floor it. Well needless to say the Durango kinda' shocked this guy as we left him like he was stitting still. So I slow back down to cruising speed and here he comes on my left again. This time he rolls down his windows and motions us to go again. So we are rolling about 50 and he floors it and I do the same. Again we left him like he was sitting still. After we slowed back down he wanted to go again but I proved my point and told him no so he just took off down the road ticked off. I wonder if I should have told him that our Durango is bone stock??