Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:34 AM

Question Has the PT Cruiser "buzz" faded away?

I'm checking out the PT forum and there's no new posts since July 16th! It's now August 3rd and it's been 18 days since anyone has even had anything to say about the PT on a Mopar forum?
Was the buzz overblown? I know the days of prices above factory sticker are long over. Still, it think it's an appealling little vehicle, why is no one even posting about it?
We shut down the flathead forum here and added it to the restoration forum due to low usage, but heck, it was more active than this one!
What happened, doesn't anyone want to talk about their PT's anymore?
Old 08-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Inactive User

I inten to purchase an 04 Turbo PT for the wife, any pros and cons on the regular engine vs the turbo, what about gas mileage, comfort and performance??????????
Old 08-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Inactive User

I loved our PT, it had enough power to eat hondas and was very comfortable with good suspension. (bad turning radius) we got ours for 24thou fully done leather and all then the next year they were like 14 thou, needless to say the bank has it now What were going to do in a couple years though is , completely 4x a PTwith the monster tires and all, ull be sure to see pics here in the not so distant future, maybe 2-3 years tops when their cheap enough for us to butcher.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Inactive User

OK, I'll bite. My wife has an 02 PT auto. She loves it. Mainly she drives it to work. It doesn't have all the power in the world, but we knew that going in. The MPG isn't great, @ 25 MPG, but that may be because of it being under powered abit.

The 02 standard shift had a bit more get up and go with the standard engine but she didn't like all the shifting.

Sometimes she wishes it had a bit more power merging into traffic here in Austin Tx on I 35.

Recently we moved from Dayton Oh, to Round Rock Tx (Austin). It was @ 1200 miles. the trip was a little uncomforable for that long of a trip in the PT.

She still loves it and wouldn't trade it for anything, except maybe a new PT.

BTW, when she wants to go fast, she drives the 440 Charger or the Stealth.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Inactive User

O.K. just got the wife a 04 PT Cruiser Gt, it is equipped with most options including the sunroof and CD disc changer. the Turbo will smoke the front tires from a stop, found this out by accident. Cruised from Bellevue Wa to Lancaster, Ca over the past two days. The car also has 18" wheels and tires, the ride is firm, the steering is very accurate and no wind noise was noticed at 80 MPH on the freeway with the cruise control engaged. The turbo is not noticed until you get on it, with no boost guage its easy to forget its there with no turbo lag. So far we are happy with the car, truck, van???????
Old 08-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Inactive User

I don't own one but it is sure nice when the people that do go on cruises with us and there are both the Prowlers and PT'S together. It gives the cruise a nice look with all the different mods. that everyone has done. Hope a lot of you will join us at Cruising The Coast in Gulf Port Miss. in October. We normally have about 50 Prowlers and 10 PT'S cruising together. Talk about a eye catcher
Old 09-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I hope the bloom is not yet off the pt's rose. I have had mine just 2 months short of two years and 16,000 miles. 2002 limited with every option except roof rack and block heater. I love the car! no squeaks, no rattles, good comfort. I only wish it had a bit more grunt. I am looking to do either a kenne bell optimizer or a superchips. Anyone have any comments or opinions on which may be better?

Pt owners sound off!

Have a great Labor day weekend!

George

70 Challenger
01 Grand Cherokee limited V8
02 PT Cruiser limited
Old 09-01-2003, 06:48 PM

I don't think the bloom is off the rose yet, but time is coming where it will need some updates. In the future, I've mentioned elsewhere that I'll be in the market for a larger sized Ram for towing. But, with the minivan at over 70,000 and my 96 Breeze closing in on 150,000, I'll be wanting something fresher to drive.
I think the new PT Cruiser convertible will fit the bill!

http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/models/...onvertible.jpg

I dunno when it'll hit the market, but I haven't had a droptop since my 64 Valiant in the late 80s, and wouldn't mind having a bit of wind in my hair! (yes, I still got hair, it's the other bits that keep falling off! ) I think the PT has been an amazing success story for Chrysler, let's hope they continue to build on this in the future. Now I only wonder, will they ever allow the Turbo option on a PT and allow the building of a
PT Cruiser R/T Turbo convertible?
I hope so I like the sound of that!
Old 09-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Inactive User

There are two versions of the PT Turbo, the 160HP and 220HP. my wife has the GT with the 220HP version. Saw some 03 convertibles that are after market and some 04 factory jobs they look great with the top down, with the top up???? sure they will catch on like all of the PT models. Wonder what the PT will look like on the mitsibushi frame?