Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:29 AM
Inactive User

Default Pulled A "No Drag" Slick Trick Years Ago..

A guy and I were laying down the rubber light to light in the big city years ago. After he had gotten me a few times, he decided to rub it in by flappen the yap. Got me really ticked off. Way back then, we looked at it like this. If ya took a guy, you took him.. and there was NO reason to rub it in. You just did it.. and were done with it.

Anyways.. we ended up screaming to the next red light. Seeing I was in the right hand lane (closest to the curb) I had noticed a glint of chrome in a ally on my right as we passed it a half block back.

It was always my nature to "check the view's" before taking off. As we sat for the light change, a few more cars pulled up behind both of us.. as well as the marked (but NO roof gumball) ally sitting, city bad boy.. who happened to be the third car behind "lip flipper".

I had decided enough was enough with his lip and decided that maybe I could do him in on a fake. We both started to rev the old hood shakers.. at which time I rev'ed it enough to raise the back end and knudge the line.

As the light turned green, he popped it and went slamm'n and jamm'n. You could see the smoke from under his tires as he took off and hear the chirp as he hit second.

I, on the other hand, calmly flipped on my right turn signal and proceded to S L O W L Y turn right. Needless to say.. I also made three more lawful rights.

About a half block past the drag line I saw two cars sitting along the curb. One was "lip flipper" and the other was.. could it be? Yep.. there they were. You just don't realize how pretty the inside of a car looks when it's all aglow with RED and WHITE flashing colors. And just think.. IT WASN'T EVEN CHRISTMAS!

Yep.. it seemed to have worked for me. I guess being the best isn't always what it's cracked up to be!

Dakota_Duce
Old 08-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Inactive User

That is so wrong!!! But still funny in a sick way.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Inactive User

Laugh WOW!

That is the kind of story like riding a roller coaster and puking--BGLECCHCHHCH! Can I do it again?!?!?