Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Inactive User

Help New Jersey HELP

iam looking for a mopar guy to help finsh my 69Charger , what i need help with is hooking up the pullys and wireing the motor ,its clean and allin primer waiting for the motor to be finshed so i can send it in for the body work and paint . i have cash or will buy the BEER lol drink after its done lol . i dont have the time to finsh it and when i do it will be to cold and i wont want to :-( if you can help let me know email or call me 609 457 4973
Old 08-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Inactive User

Hey 1fastski,

Check out this Website. It's a group of MOPAR buffs in NJ.

www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/4488/

I don't know useful that will be; I just ran a search on Joe Gertleman and this is what popped up. I've heard of him before. He's a real big MOPAR buff.

If I were you I'd shoot this site an email and see if they can help you. I'd be surprised if they couldn't at least point you in the right direction.

By the way, where in NJ are you from? I'm in Marlton. The reason I ask is because your area code is nearby mine (856) and I've got a friend w/ a 69 charger that sounds in the same state as yours. Just wondering if your him...

Oh, and I'll just take a six pack since I didn't help that much
Old 08-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Inactive User

And I didn't even think of this before but I've had a little wiring experience w/ my RR. If you just need the engine wired, I might be able to do that. Let me know.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Inactive User

if you have a 440 maybe i could copy it , i would like to just pay somone to do it . i work on jetskis and just dont have the time to work on it , maybe if somone needs a jetski or a jetski fixed i could do a deal :-) iam in Egg Horbor Township NJ 08234

thanks for the info
Old 08-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Inactive User

I have a 440--but it's in pieces.

Do you have any wires set up? Are your lights and other accessories wired? If so, it wouldn't be that difficult to connect everything (battery, starter, alt, ign, etc.).

Before I tore my motor out I put an MSD ignition in. I scrounged up lots of diagrams that'll show you what to do. It's actually pretty simple if; I just get lost with all the accessories.

If you don't get any help from that website I found for you, let me know exactly what wiring you think needs to be done and then I could possibly help.

I have a book that could help you w/ the pullys too. Plus, since I took the 440 apart I'd be familiar w/ getting it back together--hopefully.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Inactive User

what i did was pull the 383 points motor out and put in a fresh 440 with elect ing in it , i also { i hope } did away with all the wiring becuse i bought a performance dist, for performance distubers , i might try to set it up today . but i have some skis to work on :-( i also hate workin my own stuff when i dont know what iam doing , and i want it right . its all there with spaire parts , the motor is in the motor well was painted flat black motor orange . its not a greasy mess :-) . the lights iam not worryed about , i need to have it key start for the body guy , so he can get it in and out of his shop without pushin it lol .

I PROMISS MOPARS GUYS I WILL DRIVE IT LOL its not going to be a barn car OR trailor car i want to go stomp on some rice burning street scrapers :-)
Old 08-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Inactive User

If you get the time try and follow this wiring diagram. It's very basic and should help you with what you need.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Inactive User

oops, forgot to post the picture.

I hope you can see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00910.jpg (14.5 KB, 6 views)