Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Inactive User

Help electrical problems or so i think

something arrose last night when i got back from cruizin with the guys. i pulled into my yard and i flipped my high beams on and when i did my whole headlight section went out and started coming on and off like the emergency flashers would it was very strange the wierd thing is is that when i turned the highs off it stopped so if anyone has any idea what this may be please help. it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
poloplayer340
1971 plymouth roadrunner
Old 08-31-2003, 07:42 PM

Sounds like a problem in the High/Low switch.

I had that happen once in my '68 Charger. The first time I went from low to high, the lights turned off for a couple of seconds and then the highs came on. A little later I went to go back to the lows and the lights went off and stayed off. This is doing about 70 MPH down I-50 from Placerville, in the middle of the night with no other traffic going my way.

I kicked the heck out of the high/low switch and the lights finally came back on. The next day, I pulled up the carpet and found that the switch hade come apart. It was a simple fix, so I just fixed it, instead of replacing it.