Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Inactive User

Question paint color for '68 CUDA FB

O.K. guys, time for me to make final decision on body color for '68 CUDA fastback project. car has fiberglass hood with HEMI scoop, WELD PRO-STARS( 12 inch in rear-mini tubbed) I was originally going to go black but am thinking lime light green including bumpers and deleting all emblems and most chrome. probally paint hood all flat black.any sugestions? any one ever seen a fast back of this era limelight? how did it look? Thanx. Brian.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Inactive User

I haven't seen any light lime green '68 Cuda's before........I've seen some nice looking ones that were Bright to deep Yellow and Orange. I would go light lime green because black is a hard job for one reason and if you don't get it spot on you tend to spoil the car rather than enhance the looks. Plus there are alot of black Cudas out there all ready, but it is one of the nicest colours for a car (my opinion). Before you go painting the bumpers, chrome etc You should take them in steps........You might prefer the look of the car with chrome bumpers and with the badges, If not then you should paint the bumpers etc. The hood in my opinion would be better light lime green like the rest of the car because if you are going to go to the trouble of painting most of the car lime green you should do the hood lime green. That would look quite mean like a street machine that Incredible Hulk would drive
Old 10-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Inactive User

When my 69 fastback was ready to paint I went with the org. colour which was frost green met. and did't like it wearing that colour at all , it just had no life to it, I so went to a dark forest green met. which looks real nice on her . I also think that you might find that your car will look better with the chrome bumpers and trim , all us ladies like a nice bit of trim to wear I think that the lime green will be a great colour for your fastback.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:50 PM

perl white
Old 10-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Inactive User

Are you thinking of painting your Cuda in a Pearl White ? That would be nice but what color is your inter. , my 69 has a white inter. which takes a lot of time to keep clean , so I can fathom the time to keep a white car clean . What colour was your Cuda when she was new ? Will you be adding any stripes to her after she's painted ?
Old 10-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

White interior might be hard to keep clean but Silver and White exterior are the easiest colours to keep clean My Challenger is going to be Bright White and has Blue interior so I'm fine. If I were him I'd stick to one of his original choices, Limelight Green.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Inactive User

Opps ! ! well I guess I spent a little to much time at the party's this weekend I failed to notice that it was moparman suggesting that titan paint his Cuda pearl white . NZ 440 R/Tis that a picture of your car that comes up with your name ? If it is , Wow she is indeed a thing of beauty !