Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Inactive User

Laugh Z-24 full of morons!!

OK, I was late picking my kid up from school the other day so I had been standing on the gas pretty good out on the interstate trying to get there. It was cool out and the computer was definately responding to my driving style as it was pulling from 60-90 like it was possessed or something. I got off the interstate and pulled onto another road. There is an intersection on top of the overpass and it's usually pretty busy. I'm rolling through the light and there is a big Ford on the right waiting at the light. As I get to it a Chevy Z-24 flies out from behind them and right out in front of me. I locked the front tires up and had to ease off the brakes a second to get it stopping again. I really came close to crushing them.
So, I'm already ticked at this point. About 1000 feet ahead the road splits to 4lanes at the bottom of a steep hill about 1/2mile long. We get to the bottom of the hill and these morons stay in the left lane and are just barely pulling past the traffic on the right. I had to get off the gas 3 times to keep from bumping them. Finally traffic breaks and I cut to the right lane. I see a puff of black smoke from the chevy as I start to pass. I realize they are accelarating hard now (hard for them atleast) Well, my 4,400lb fat pig pulled them like a lapdog on a choke chain. I was at about 105mph at the top of the hill and they were probably at about 80-85 What were they thinking ????
Old 09-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Inactive User

I can just hear how the principal would tell your son the unfortunate accident that occured while his father was racing a car full of kids. 105 on a public road? They were probably thinking "this guys f*cking nuts!" Its things like this that cause the poor "sob and weap for this person" stories...
Old 09-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Inactive User

What, You think you were goin to hear about me racing at the track in the Street Warrior forum??

The road is 4 lanes extra wide. Straight as an arrow and I've got good tires, drilled and slotted rotors with performance pads and I know where there are no side entrances to this road in that area, there aren't any houses or businesses in that area even.

If they thought I was nuts, then why were they racing me?? If they were thinking anything it was "Holy Crap, A truck just blew our doors off!!"

Ya, it was wrong. Ya it was fun
Old 09-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Inactive User

I read the title on this and thought: Morons in a Z24, of course!
I can't wait to get my truck back on the road, so I can get back to smokin punks in their chebbies and ferds and rice, I miss it sooo much
Old 09-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Inactive User

If they were running,..well trying to run as hard as he was, they were no better. Plus if the raod is straight and clear with good visability.......................
Old 09-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Inactive User

HEY GUAM!

Ida dunnit 2!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Inactive User

Oh yeah, drop the hammer and smoke'em.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:13 AM
Inactive User

Default Honestly, what is it with Cavalier drivers?

They always want to race! Always!.... And they always lose! Always!... It's not as bad now as it used to be about 4 - 5 years ago, but there's still a few out there (new owners maybe?) that need to get their self-esteem crushed.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:57 PM
GUAM_SS/T2

Well,
I had a lot of problems with this site getting me a new password so here I am as a newbie again. I saw the same z-24 a few weeks ago pulled over right by the light they ran when they almost got run over by me. I'm guessing they got a ticket for doing the same thing again.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Inactive User

Let's see now they were Morons for doing 85 so at 105 that makes you an ________? fill in the blank. An irritated driver racing, evidently during congested traffic then asking for approval for unsafe actions on this board is un-beleiveable.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Inactive User

The only thing that caused the traffic to be congested was that they blew a redlight to turn in front of me before the road turned to four lanes. There were maybe 2-3 other cars in front of us at the bottom of the hill. That was the only traffic on the road at that time.

They were Morons for blowing a right turn on red without stopping or being able to see if anything was coming towards them. Then for trying to run me when they had an overloaded, worn out, POS on a steep grade. They were morons long before I ever saw them. If you feel that anyone who races on the street is a moron that's fine. Don't waste your breath here. That's like passing out Klan literature at an NAACP meeting.

I never asked for approval. I could care less if you approve. I feel that What I did was wrong but I did it under the safest possible conditions outside of a sanctioned event, and it felt Damned good.

I once again would like to reiterate that this is the "Street Warrior" forum. Do you go to 4x4 forums and complain that they waste gas??
Old 11-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Inactive User

I don't mind it as long as the drivers know what they are doing and know how to control there vehicles and keep safe and don't over do it, after all this is the "Road Kill" thread

Guam: Why did you have to change your password for? Don't tell me you have a chivi stalker aswell I think there trying to learn our secrets
Old 11-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Inactive User

Well, I forgot my password since it had been automatically logging me in when I visited the site then it stopped one day. I tried getting my password reset but the link didn't work right. I finally got an administrator to fix it
Old 11-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Inactive User

Good to hear!

Quote:
Originally posted by GUAM_SS/T
Well, I forgot my password since it had been automatically logging me in when I visited the site then it stopped one day. I tried getting my password reset but the link didn't work right. I finally got an administrator to fix it
Old 11-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by GUAM_SS/T
That's like passing out Klan literature at an NAACP meeting.

Wow that really paints a mental picture.
talk about an excercise in futility.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Inactive User

A little exertion of horsepower resulting in a display of speed in a safe and controlled manner to show the less experienced around us that they are not the top of the food chain can be a good thing for both parties. I say, "Yeehah! burn rubber on those ricers, man!" but all this is just my opinion!!!