Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Inactive User

Default drive shaft help!!

NOOB QUESTIONS AHEAD!!!! After 20 years of marriage and 5 kids my wife gave me permission to own a toy i can call my own , so i ask for everones patience, as i have many LOST years to make up for.

I have a 89 dodge ram 150 LWB, installed a 360/380 crate motor. have relpaced the 81/4 rear for a 83/4 sure grip, now i'm replacing the tranny with a Modified 727 for street/drag app. where would be a good place to purchase a drive shaft that can take abuse? Do they balance them with inertia? ( Spin) or do the simply make sure they are trued when welding them ?

Is there a formula for figuring tire diameter and width for street/strp performance with 3:23 gears
Old 09-28-2003, 11:04 PM

First off, a truck really isn't that great a choice for street/strip. They are heavier than a car and light in the rear (where it counts).

Your best bet for a driveshaft is Denny's.

Quote:
Each shaft is built with meticulous attention to detail. Each shaft is HIGH SPEED BALANCED then TESTED on special equipment to be sure it will run the rpm that you require. If it does not pass this test it doesn't get shipped out. No guess work here...we know what it will do for you because of this final test. That is why a DENNY'S DRIVESHAFT will perform BEST in your application.
3.23 is not a good gear for a street/strip application (even in a car). As this is a truck, your tires are probably going to be rather tall (at least 27"). You should be looking at a 3.91 or a 4.10 rear, with those tires.