Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-01-2000, 12:29 AM
Inactive User

Thanx for everyones responses,with limited experience and at age 47 ,I decided to build this car.It's coming along nicely.With the help I've been getting HERE its going to be alot easier now.I want to be ready for the MOPAR Atlantic Nationals at Englishtown 2000.
Looking good. See you there?
Old 01-01-2000, 01:35 AM
Inactive User

Cool

My brother & I will be there! Look for his 69 Coronet 500 wagon, white W/Ramcharger hood. Hopefully, my Dart will be done by then too: Y1 (yellow) 68 Dart 2dr sedan, 360, A-518, 16" Torque Thrust II wheels. For pics, check my profile.

Happy New Year!
<font color = 990033>DB</font>

------------------
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!
Old 01-01-2000, 03:53 AM
Inactive User

Be sure to post pictures of it!! Sounds like a great project.Don't feel bad about 47,my Dad still does my engine work and he's 57.
Old 01-01-2000, 03:34 PM

my goal is to make E-town this year too. this'll be the first year i'll have a nice car to take. i thought about power tour east also. has anyone been on one of the power tours? looks fun, but you dont see many mopes in the line-up.
Old 01-02-2000, 03:18 AM
Inactive User

Gromski, I've got you by 11 years! After years of raising kids and working too much, I got back into Mopars about 12 years ago. It's more fun now, and most of the youngsters don't mind us geezers hanging around. After all, we're the ones who remember what it was like when real muscle cars roamed the earth!
Old 01-02-2000, 05:03 AM
Inactive User

Hey, not just that Gary. We can learn a lot from the "older" crowd. I'm 25 so I guess I'm still part of the low end, but I wouldn't know anything without some of my Mopar friends who have helped and taught me. When I got my 72 Charger when I was 16, I had no tools of my own, and no Father to teach me anything. I couldn't change my oil or do a simple tune up! Soon after getting my Charger I wrecked it and it had to sit for 8 years before I had the tools and knowledge (and time) to fix her back up. Now that I'm 25, I have $14,000 worth of Mac Tools, and enough Mopar knowledge that it makes me useless for any other topic of conversation. I owe just about everything I know to those who have gone before me, but there is always more to learn. So, here I am, to learn more and maybe help someone younger coming up behind me. Ain't the Mopar hobby great?

------------------
~Elwenil~ ~.\|/.~