Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Power Adders

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Inactive User

Default what needs to be done?

Hi everybody, I just bought a vortech V-1 supercharger on ebay and I have compiled a list of things that i need to buy or make to get this thing running. let me know if I'm missing anything.

Intake and air filter
mounting bracket
pulley and belt
oil lines
carb bonnet
pressure gauge
retard the timing
seal the carb
adjust fuel mixture

Also, what pulley should I use to get about 6 or 7 psi? Do you think my 8.25 rearend will bet strong enough to handle the power? I'm expecting 400-450 hp depending on psi with a 318. I hope the engine is up to it also, its been recently rebuilt and runs great but I want to be cautious with the boost. Can't afford to rebuild it so let me know if you see any possible problems. Thanks for any hints or advice.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:41 AM
Inactive User

Default V-1 supercharger install

Just a quick note.
You will need a blow off valve, a variable pressure riser fuel regulator, you might want to go with a Holley Blue pump(electric) and if you can manage it run the fuel from the tank through the filter,through the pump then the riser and then run a line back to the tank for the un-needed fuel to return to.
I used a mallory carburetor fuel riser (about $90)
The Fuel pump puts out about 14 pounds of pressure so if you limit idle fuel pressure to say 4 pounds then you can boost theoretically to 10 pounds.
In actual practical use you might want to hold boost to no more than 7 pounds (it being stock engine ) and allow engine to be a little rich on top end.
I cant speak for your 318 but my 440 being stock I calculated max boost at 5000 rpm and used that as highest rpm allowed.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck!
Larry
pylut@mraircraft.com