Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default OK, here we go...Let your voice be heard!

This is the forum to post all your great ideas! Want a new vehicle produced like the new RWD Charger? Let it be heard! Lets all post our ideas, thoughts and dreams as well as our hates and dislikes. Let your voice be heard!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Inactive User

I like the concept cars that Chrysler pushes out at auto shows. Even if they never see the light of day. They have always done that in the past and its nice to see them back at it. I would love to see a monster Hemi in production. The small block version is a good motor. Lets see a big block come out with well over 450 HP. Make it a 440 Hemi and people will snap that sucker up. Who cares about the gas milage. The Viper moor is cool but to cumbersome to mess with. Get back to muscle car roots as one section of the company with a new Hemi bigger and better than the 5.7 leading the way.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Inactive User

Gripe Agreed.

It stinks that we don't have anything but a truck and a non-ricer to cheer for at the cruise! The thing they need is a new Plymouth HEMICUDA that looks like the original! No, it doesn't have to be identical, but if Ferd can make a retro Rustang, we should get a cool 'cuda! I mean make the rear quarters rise! Get the butt in the air! Add the viscious looking '71 nose! Yeeoooww! I am about to drool on myself! I would buy it!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Inactive User

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally posted by pcrmike
It stinks that we don't have anything but a truck and a non-ricer to cheer for at the cruise! The thing they need is a new Plymouth HEMICUDA that looks like the original! No, it doesn't have to be identical, but if Ferd can make a retro Rustang, we should get a cool 'cuda! I mean make the rear quarters rise! Get the butt in the air! Add the viscious looking '71 nose! Yeeoooww! I am about to drool on myself! I would buy it!
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!! We may have lost the Challenger but we aint losing the Cuda!!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Inactive User

Gripe

I have said this in times past on this specific chatroom, but I am going to say it again.
If DC wants to be competitive, it should build either a Challenger or Barracuda built upon a shortened Charger concept platform, like the original E- Bodies. Offer either a 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi, keep the price under $30K, and DC will have a VERY difficult time keeping customers off the showroom floor!
Again, as I have stated, the 50's and 60's were Chevy's time, the 80's and 90's were Ford's time, and now is Chrysler's time if the corporate brass will take advantage of this historic opportunity. David Vizard wrote a glowing review of the 5.7 Hemi in the newest issue of Popular Hot Rodding and said basically the same thing as I just did.
Chrysler, are you listening?!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Inactive User

Sounds like we all know what we want, so how do we go about getting it? that should be the question.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Inactive User

Cry Yeah, but

Dur bahn companie dusnut haf der bahls fur daht!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Inactive User

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW (2005) FORD MUSTANG?

I thought that would get your attention....

The ford folks have really put down the challenge, that new mustang looks very similar to the old '67 fastback. As a matter of fact its one of the most beautiful cars I've seen of late. DC needs to seriously reconsider the Charger and perhaps bring the past to the future with designs similar in ways to the old cuda / challenger. It can be done. Ford is doing it!

Don't stop at the PT Cruiser, keep it up DC!

Quote:
Originally posted by custom880
I like the concept cars that Chrysler pushes out at auto shows. Even if they never see the light of day. They have always done that in the past and its nice to see them back at it. I would love to see a monster Hemi in production. The small block version is a good motor. Lets see a big block come out with well over 450 HP. Make it a 440 Hemi and people will snap that sucker up. Who cares about the gas milage. The Viper moor is cool but to cumbersome to mess with. Get back to muscle car roots as one section of the company with a new Hemi bigger and better than the 5.7 leading the way.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Inactive User

I hope where thinking of the same car because I think it's ugly, the grill just doesn't cut it, but at least there out there.
Hey GS- I'm from New Zealand and about 3 or 4 years ago my Uncle & Aunty moved to exactly where you are!! There names are Mona and Rob, My uncle (Rob) drives Trucks and has a pretty big backside LMAO!! They all so have 3 kids. Cheers just curious because they have only emailed us and the rest of our family a few times sinced they moved.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Inactive User

Cool!

Great! That puts them at only about 45 minutes from me! One of these days, when I can break away from work, GS and me are gonna tear up some Chevies! What I can't outrun, I can out-ugly anyday! Maybe we could take Mona and Bob for a ride and show them just what kind of knuckle-draggin' grease monkeys you hang with online!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Inactive User

Hey mate, Yeah well last I heard he had some "American Muscle Car" so you might be on to some road kill!! But I don't think he'll have one. He's real loud so if he's around you won't miss him, physically and sound wise crazy: Hope someone knows him, he's a good drinker LOL!!

Cheers,
Carl
Old 01-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Inactive User

Cry Hope he's not a chevy guy!

That would drive me to drinking too! No, really, I don't drink, smoke, or even cuss! Guess either having religion or MOPARs keeps a guy happy all the time!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Inactive User

Good to hear your a healthy man, and also a good citizen. I drink, Smoke and love my Mopar!! I think he will drive a Chev if he had his way. He use to have a Holden down here which uses Generation 3 Chev engines
Old 01-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Inactive User

Red face Gen III

Gen III GM engines aren't such a bad engine, I just wish they didn't have so much aluminum, because when you use them for a boat anchor they drag instead of grab!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Inactive User

NZ 440RT, good to hear you have some family here, to bad you couldn't make it yourself. I bet we could all fit in pcrmike's truck and still kick alot ovals and shivys.

BTW, I have a friend (student) that graduated college here and moved to New Zealand after he married a New Zealand girl. He's working for a television network there last I heard.

Quote:
Originally posted by NZ 440R/T
I hope where thinking of the same car because I think it's ugly, the grill just doesn't cut it, but at least there out there.
Hey GS- I'm from New Zealand and about 3 or 4 years ago my Uncle & Aunty moved to exactly where you are!! There names are Mona and Rob, My uncle (Rob) drives Trucks and has a pretty big backside LMAO!! They all so have 3 kids. Cheers just curious because they have only emailed us and the rest of our family a few times sinced they moved.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Inactive User

PC: Yeah, they are pretty good engines I have to admit. It's just that the Holden manufacture think they rule the roads down under YET, they don't make there own engines??!! LOL!!

GS - That sounds like the way to do it, because he'll be doing pretty dam good on the money department, and probably own a house either in the middle of town or have a nice set-up at a beach. Do you know how long ago he moved and to which part of New Zealand? Did he find the NZ girl in America or when he was down here on a trip or something, hope I'm not being to nosey, I feel like Inspector clueso LOL!!

I'd love to go to America, but not right now, plains just don't do it for me at the moment. Man I'd got lost in a place that BIG. I like it though and my parrents and friends always tease me asking question kind-of in a joke tone, "Are you American, are you sure?" I always watch American stuff, David Letterman, CNN, Jay leno, E-channel and drive a Dodge, I like America I think it's good because the lifestyles in most places seem like me and what I'd like, so I don't know probably one day I'll venture up, probably with my cousin, the same age, do pretty much everything together (trouble lol). Where's a good place to start a tour, like not to busy eg: New York or any big cities. I wouldn't mind some of the cities/states in the Tornado valley part.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 01-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Inactive User

LOL We'd luvitt!

You'd be one of the yanks stompin' Brand X Suothern style. That means, like all of the Redneck jokes, you don't need to have a pretty ride, just run like H-E-Double Thunder!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Inactive User

Laugh

LMAO!!! Yeeeeehaaaaaaw
Old 01-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation Re: OK, here we go...Let your voice be heard!

Good friends, for fairness I'm returning this "Virtual Daimlier Chrysler Meeting" back to Abalto, lest he kick our virtual butz and take our virtual DC stock.

Quote:
Originally posted by abalto
This is the forum to post all your great ideas! Want a new vehicle produced like the new RWD Charger? Let it be heard! Lets all post our ideas, thoughts and dreams as well as our hates and dislikes. Let your voice be heard!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Inactive User

Good point GS.

It's just aint fair what DC are doing. Wen to my parents house yesterday and they arte now looking for a V8 because they love the sound and have never had one. They don't want any Aussie stuff as alot of people have them and they arent to grate. So other options for there V8 shopping are either Europe (Audi, Merc, BMW) Or go American which is what I suggested. BUT there's nothing uin the Chrysler line so there probably gona go Chev or Ford I told them to wait as long as the y could, but they shouldn't have to there approaching 60 now and they aren't getting younger. Why o Why DC do you ALWAYS make us wait????
Old 01-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Inactive User

Angry Exactly.

That's my point. They make us drool, and then no way. The Viper came to fruition, but at least 60K. The Neon show car lived up mostly to it's production twin. The point is, there is a large, profitable market out there for a muscle Mopar. Look at the hundreds of thousands of Camaro and Mustang owners. They have had a steady supply of their muscle (atrophy) cars for the last twenty years. Ma makes us all make do with turbos, and old, rare iron! Sure our old iron is faster, more durable, and is better thought out than a lot of newer stuff, but we can't have the unlimited fun because if ya wreck it, you can't go to the insurance company and tell them you want another one just like it! C'mon, DCX, give us a REAL HEMI MOPAR!!!! WE WANT A REAL, REAR-DRIVE MUSCLECAR! Trucks are nice, but they don't cut it for muscle machines. Mine is a VERY rare ride because of the particular equipment on it. Most Crew Cabs in '73 were for military and highway department consumption. The Camper special edition was almost always a single cab, add to that the Adventurer SE package with A/C and cruise, and I have a rare ride. The engine is not numbers matching, and several parts if the body have had to be replaced, including the bed, which I swapped for an 8' stepside. How many of those have you seen? I like the new Ram, and I liked the previous Ram. At my income level, I could probably afford a 94-97 Ram Crew Cab. Oooohh, they didn't have a Crew Cab! Silly me. They do now, but the back seat is bigger in my current one. I have three kids, so rear seat room is important. For me, the only way to stay in a well-equipped Dodge Crew Cab with enough room, power, and hauling capacity is to stay with my 31-year old D-200 Camper. I could not find a newer Dodge that has all of this. My truck is ugly because of almost 300K miles in 31 years. I keep hoping that Dodge will come out with a new one, but maybe before this one rusts away along with the parts supply, Dodge will wake up like Ford did and start making what the customer wants, and not bending the customer to fit into their rig. Luv the Dodges, but they gotta do better than that!
Old 02-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Inactive User

Default Who will be the Kris Horton for DC?!

In the past few editions of Popular Hot Rodding magazine, they have covered a guy by the name of Kris Horton. He has submitted designs to GM for a fifth-generation GM F-car, many of which look very much like the originals.
I wouldn't bring up the goings-on at Generic Motors except to ask the question of who would step up to the plate and submit some designs to DC for a car to take on the '05 Mustang and the new GM F-Body?!
I have said on past occasions that DC should use a shortened version of the Charger concept platform. I would amend that by changing the IRS of the Charger concept car to a traditional live rear axle. Other than that, use the other parts of the Charger concept platform. I would change to the live rear axle to keep costs of this Mustang fighter below $30K.
Merely my ideas............................