Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Inactive User

Default Time to Spend Money

For those of you just joining our regular program already in progress, here's a quick update:

I had spent weeks trying to get the engine and transmission out of my '66 Dart. Sunday I finally did, and Monday I dropped the block and head off at the machine shop. Now, I'm want to know your opinions on some engine combos that put out some respectable numbers (respectable=numbers that I can post on this board without getting laughed at )

This is what I'm looking for: The car may see the track 1 time a year. Other than that, I'm building it for those beautiful spring days when all you feel like is cruising. I know it's hard to get unstreetable in a slant, but if I'm right at the line of being unstreetable, I'm not adverse to running that combo! I do have a few things that I want to do, just because I'd like to. One of those things is that I'm planning on running 3 2bbl Webers. I know that may diminish performance somewhat, but oh, well. Therefore, any input you may have is welcomed. And I already have heard why I should even bother with the Webers!

Question: What's better to run with this motor, exhaust-wise? 3 into 2 into 1, or 3 into 2?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 01-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Banned

Mill the heads to .090 with stock pistons to get around 10 to 1. Comp cams has all the cams you need to look at. And run 3 into 1 headers. One the webers, go for it, but you'll hate it latter on from a tune up stand point.