Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Vehicles for Sale > Trucks - Vehicles for Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation 74 440 survivor w/28K

I have and am wanting to sell to a good owner an original 28K 74 D-100 Club Cab longbed with the original belts, hoses, shocks and everything. I believe this truck to be a COMPLETELY original survivor with all of the truck as it was from the factory ecxept for the muffler, windshield wiper motor, and an electric trailer brake modulator. The truck is equipped with the 440 4-bbl, 727 trans, 8.75 rear with I believe a 3.23 ratio, non-lock diff, A/C, cruise, cab lights, deluxe trim with the metal accents on the pedals, and all seems to work except for a couple of light bulbs on the cab lights.

The truck was bought new in 74 by the original owner as a retirement gift for himself. He drove it occasionally to town and back, and in 1980, suffered a heart attack. His activity went down, but he kept the truck, and drove it very sparingly. in about 1986, he had a stroke, and could no longer drive. He still went out and moved the truck a couple times a month, hoping to drive it again someday. At his passing in 1990, his widow and daughter loaded up everything in the truck and drove it to Arkansas from Oklahoma, where it sat, unused for the most part, for about 11 years. At this point the trans started slipping, and the engine developed a miss. They left it for another 2 years, till a friend of mine saw it, and asked of it was for sale. I bought the truck, not realizing what a treasure it is. This is a completely loaded truck with all the options, and the interior is near mint. The engine has a leaking exhaust valve leaking on the #1 cylinder. The plugs and wires are all original (I think) and the cap is too. There is a dented pass front fender, and the bed has some damage on the pass side around the wheelwell, but should prove to be a relatively easy resto. I wanted it to hop up as a hot rod hauler to go with my other rigs, but can't stand to do it to a super-rare virgin truck.

I want to sell it to a good home, where someone can take good care of it, as I cannot. I don't have the facilities to do this type of clean work. I have pics available, and the truck has been seen in pictures by Rick Ehrenberg, and Cliff Gromer of Mopar Action Magazine. I want to see it get a good home with a Dodge Nut like myself. Call me at 501-368-8324 or email me at pcrmike@bscn.com please. Thank you. PCRMike :-)