Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:29 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy thremo qaud hesitation

12 I just finished putting a 360 in my grocery getter and went to the junk yard,,,got a 4bbl manifold and a thremo qaud #9103S...and i can't get it to accelerate off the line the 360 is bored 30 over and has a " rv cam " ( it was a good deal). Is there a book or manual with application specs for the carb. I've tried to tweak the carb and timming,to no avail.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Inactive User

There are some TQ experts around here who can help you more specifically, but it sounds to me like the accelerator pump is not working right. This could be caused by low fuel level in the bowls, a rotten pump seal or a transfer tube that has fallen off or is blocked. I say a good rebuild is in order. Do a search for Thermo Quad on this site, there is a ton of good information here.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Inactive User

jup! I guess to lean when you push the pedal! -accelratorpump or to small main-jets! check out the rubberseal on the accelratorpump.
simply check for fuel-squirt when you push the pedal!
Old 03-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Inactive User

If you haven't gone here already, www.thermoquads.com is one of the good TQ shops. 3 things to remember about TQ's are:1) DO NOT mess with the choke pull-off; it does double duty as a damper on the secondary air valve. 2) that air valve is controlled by a spring that's a bit tricky to adjust, but if it ain't right a bog WILL ensue.(Shouldn't be an issue if your hesitation is only off-idle). 3) the adjustment of the metering rods is easy to do, but the FSM only tells you "don't touch this!!" Too lean may affect the off-idle response. Demonsizzler will give you the details. Other things to check are the accelerator pump as mentioned,and leaks (both vacuum and fuel) Choke, float, and linkage adjustments are usually covered in any carb kit. Otherwise I'm happy enough with my TQ that you'd have to be giving away an Edelbrock or Holley to tempt me to change. Set it up right and you'll have an 800 CFM carb that is hard to beat for a street motor.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Inactive User

I found this handy- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=34217 The guy relists copies all the time. CxCx