Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Power Adders

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Inactive User

Default Oh

OH if you want to put a 318 in,i have about 11 stock cross members from conquests to modify!!!!the center needs to be removed and a 16X10 box made to replace the center removed,2" 3/16 square box steel works great,same for the engine mount base mounting to reuse the earily SB 1 bolt mounts
Old 03-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Good Info
I have a lot of other questions for ya on the swap also. Hmm.. where to start . I am assuming that you are using an aftermarket engine management system? or will the stock chrysler ecu compensate for the boost/ increased fuel ect...?

I am not too familiar with small block mopars, did you use an older block or is everything from an 89 or newer truck/van?

Also are you using the stock mitsu independent rear or did you upgrade to a chrysler/ford rear? I have heard that the mitsu rear will hold up to about 500 hp but i havent heard of much after that.

I want to learn as much about this swap as possible as i might attempt it in the near future My email is racer_amx@yahoo.com Feel free to mail me with as much info as possible

By the way, are you a member on the starquestclub board?
Thanx
Old 03-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Inactive User

Default STOCK ECU

i am useing a stock MP ecu for the 94 dakota,a missing link so the map sensor doesnt see boost,a riseing rate regulator for fuel,a bosch 500 HP pump with 1/2 in braided poly fuel line with #8 fittings,i also added a turbo 1 in line style pressure regulator due to chrysler not useing a in line rail fuel regulator,the 89 engines are different then the magnum,i dont know exactly whet year the magnum roller engine started but earlier engines are all the same ,magnum engines have a different pan configuration and bolt up,and heads,intake etc.so basically the only interchangeable items from earilier A to magnum are the exh manifolds,i may be wrong on this so please dont hold me to that,
yes i belong to starquestclub,partsquest26
if you can get you hands on 1 get the magnum engine,the earlier A engines can be used but its a bit more work as far as injecting it for turbochargeing,or use the throttle body injection with a big pump,and an Aux inj system for boost,ill email you in a day or so,i8ll kind of make a half a$$ how to guide
Old 04-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Inactive User

sounds great, I need all the info i can get! I am looking forward to reading your how to guide
thanx