Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Power Adders

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Inactive User

Default supercharging questions

Hi Im new here and have a few questions,what I would like to dosomeday is put a cetrifical supercharger on my duster,nothing fancy or exotic,just looking for some serious kick for my duster 360,I would only use this for very hard round town driving track time would be once in a while.What I have in mind is 6-8 pounds of boost an ATI p600 there is a ready made kit for dusters and I would find an intercooler like out of a diesel truck or whatever will fit when the time comes,I have a set of TRW pistons L2405 I think they have been in the garage for 10 years never used,I think the copression is 8.2 or 8.8 Ithey have a .070 dish if that means anything,would these work ok with a setup like Im talking about .My ideas are those pistons,I have x heads with minor work to them a cam somewhere in the 500 range hydraulic,ld340 which I have 650 double pumper with the floats you need for a blower cam would also have 112-114 lobe center I have 355 gears and a3000 stall 10 inch converter 450 hp and daily driver friendly is what I want no trick stuff no efi or anything like that dont really care if it runs the motor to the ground it will be the first time I have a running engine that I could try it out on and a motor in the garage with those pistons etc so if I smoke the stocker i can learn from my mistakes,i figure the low boost will keep it together for a while.without sounding confusing I have a motor in the car running I will throw a cam ,heads and the blower on it beat the crap out of it for however long it holds together than build the other shortblockas money permits I dont know what to expect dragstrip wise so I wont make any wishes as far as 11-12-13s go.any pointers would be appreciated,the car has good tires on the back superstock 002-003 springs and sl6 tortion bars so its as ready as it could be for the beating its about to get Waiting axiously for some tips thanks Tim
Old 04-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Inactive User

Lotechduster welcome to the board!

I dont think it's because your new and being ignored. There's alot of friendly people w/a ton of knowledge. Depending on when and what you post matters too. I mean look at the times between threads in this forum.
Anyways about that supercharger. A Paxton right? I can't remember seeing one on an older Mopar and only a handful on older brand x, mostly rustangs. I didn't even know the made a Mopar kit till the other day I saw this- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33741 What kit are you gonna use. All I see are kits for new vehicles on thier site.
These are actually the hot settups in boats and thats what I want one for. CxCx
Old 04-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Inactive User

Idea OK

After looking at those newer kit's it hit me The trucks are running these-duh.
Do a search of this site- theres pages of info in there.
Can't remember right now but theres an older blk Mop w/a dual settup somewhere. Get some info there and then maybe bounce some Q's off the Dakota truck guys. Even though they run F.I. they might have suggestions. And keep posting in this thread- Someone will jump in. If at first you don' succeed-well you know. CxCx
Old 04-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Inactive User

Understand that the way that you post will turn people off/on. You have a huge run-on sentence that is hard to read, so people don't. I ran a vortech on the 360, and will be running a paxton on the 408. Way too much fun.

Head gaskets, head gaskets, head gaskets....
Old 04-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, punctuation can sure make for a whole lot easier reading...

I would say go for it, sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you need and what you're doing. I've always been a fan of blow through setups, mostly because everyone says they don't work good... I've seen too many that work waaaay too good.

Only thing I can tell you is to boost reference the fuel pump. Run a vacuum line from the vent side to somewhere on the intake (after the supercharger), otherwise the pressure from the charger will keep fuel from pumping into the carb.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
Old 05-07-2004, 05:24 AM
Inactive User

And it's good to acknowledge that someone has given you an answer when it happens...
Old 05-07-2004, 05:55 AM
Inactive User

Everybody wants everything, all the time, immediately, and they would like the answers to be convenient. Hot rodding just ain't that way!!
Old 05-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Inactive User

I am wanting simular setup on a 69 Dart. 360 .030 over about 9.0:1 Edelbrock Heads, airgap intake, Hughes cam, stock bottom end. I was looking into the S/C kits on this website.

SuperCharger Kits for SB Mopar

Has anyone had experience with this company or their kits?

One other question...how much can a stock 360 bottom end handle? I want to run about 8psi on the S/C Crank HP will be in the 525-550 range.
Thanks for any input.

JR
Old 05-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Inactive User

Arrow must be a

Paxton blower by the P in the part number Im guessing,they have been around since the 50s,good stuff.Wish I had 3 grand lying around.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Inactive User

Sounds good, get a paxton novi 2000, great unit, 8#'s is all good.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Inactive User

Default Re: supercharging questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Lotechduster
Waiting axiously for some tips thanks Tim
Obviously not too anxiously! Lotechduster where did ya go? CxCx