Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes2 Stock 318/360 exhaust manifold Q's????

Can stock manifolds off 318 / 360's be exchanged from drivers side to passenger side to eliminate the heat riser cross-over valve in the passenger side manifold??? (Run drivers-side manifolds on both sides of block)

If this is done would it also remove all heat riser effect??? Or would it just be impeded?

Currently my valve is TOAST!!!(does still allow exhaust out at least), and would like to get rid of it since I view it as one more thing to go wrong when 4x4-in !
Old 04-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Inactive User

Heat riser (wrong term to use) = heat cross-over passge through intake that helps open choke.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Inactive User

Before getting the service manual I was tinkering with that valve - pulled the shaft out only to hear the butterfly go sailing down my exhaust. Oops.

With stock heads, performer intake manifold, no smog pumps, no heat tube to the intake (open element), and hooker headers my truck seems to warm up plenty fast. I wouldn't worry about it unless you live in a REALLY cold climate. If that's the case you're probably running a block warmer anyway, so no biggie.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Inactive User

Yeah its really cold here most of the year,
but I have dual block heaters on it at least.

It has an exit port on the drivers side Ex. man. for the heat cross over so with two of them I 'presume' that the Int. Man. would still recieve enough exhaust heat to disingage the choke (even when really cold).

Would this be a correct 'presumption'???