Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Inactive User

Default Speed Demon Choke?

One quick question. I talked to Don at FBO and he does not recomend using the electric choke on the 750 Speed Demon for my 440. While I don't drive the car in cold weather I do cruise in it alot. Is anyone using that carb without the choke and is it fine that way on street driving? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:17 PM

Without the choke allows a little more CFM and better air flow.

Does your choke close, now, for the type of driving that you are doing? If it doesn't, then there is no need for the choke.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by ehostler

Does your choke close, now, for the type of driving that you are doing? If it doesn't, then there is no need for the choke.
FYI the Speed demon does not come with any choke or choke plate.

I just bought the electric choke for my speed demon today. It will make for much easier cold starts. Once the engine is warm it doesn't matter what the temperature is outside.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:29 AM

The VE series Speed Demon comes with an eltric choke already installed.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Speed Demon Choke?

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeGrapes
I talked to Don at FBO and he does not recomend using the electric choke on the 750 Speed Demon for my 440. While I don't drive the car in cold weather I do cruise in it alot. Is anyone using that carb without the choke and is it fine that way on street driving?
This is not quite what you asked, but I thought it might help:-

I bought my Speed Demon 750 VE from Don and insisted that he fit the choke kit. I worked on the principle that if I didn’t get on with it I could simply remove it.

How do I find it ............. The car fires up great but very quickly begins to bog down and for a moment has trouble running (Over choke), as soon as the choke comes off all is well. On my almost standard HP spec 440, I think that the choke plate cut outs need to be enlarged.

OK you can use the fast idle adjustment to open the cold (chocked) position to provide the correct mixture but you will loose out on the very cold days when you need full choke. The demon choke kit has no vacuum input and therefore does not self regulate. The timing is easy to adjust and provides a very positive on/off .............. Nothing progressive here.

Would I buy a choke kit again - Yes but only in cold ish climates when using the car as a road car (no time to warm up before moving off).

I think I will try enlarging the choke plate cut out's a little and see how I get on ...................... Any thoughts? :help
Old 04-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Inactive User

Arrow should work

but i have seen people just drill a couple holes in the plate also,start smallish and enlarge until you like it.