Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Inactive User

Default motor mounts

hey Guys and Gals,
Do any of you know if the motor mount location on the AMC small block and the mopar small block are in the same location?

Today i was finally able to get the 360 mopar hung between the frame rails of my "lil AMC." Man does it look good in there! I was surprised how well everything fits. I have started drawing up plans to fabricate extensions from the k-member to reach the motor mounts but figured that i would ask around and see if by chance anyone knew if parts were available to speed up the process.

look forward to anyones input on the subject.....I'll be posting pictures in the near future. Thanks
Old 04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned

Check Shumaker mounts, they might have something that will work for you. AMX Auto might know, but I dont think he is on here much. Leave an e mail addy and I'll forward it and your question to him. He has a nice AMX Javeline.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Inactive User

thanks DWC i knew i could count on you! did a little searching on the web and found a few pics of amc 360's. looks as though the mounts on them are closer to the chebby location than the Mopar location but kinda hard to tell. its sad to say but it would have been a real easy swap if i used a sb chebby because the ears on the K-member would have lined up perfect(and a bunch cheaper!)
but i can assure you all that that will NEVER happen. With 20 some years of fabricating experiance, nothing is impossible!

my E-mail is gortonlm@aol.com if you would pass this along to AMX Auto, i would forever(or so)be in your debt!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Banned

I'll pass it along to him. A guy at Nashville Auto Diesel College had a Cherokee I think it was. Has a top on it like a RamCharger and it was a 4x4 with a 360 A727 and it fit, but was real tight. So I know it can be done.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Inactive User

here is a shot right after i lowered it into the hole....cant wait to get it set so i can pull it out, paint the engine compartment drop it back in and fire it up, i'll keep you posted as i get further along. We had our first 70 degree day today, really gets the blood pumpin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg concord 1.jpg (58.6 KB, 14 views)