Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Inactive User

Default Move IC to hit tire softer, will it slow 60's?

I moved the spring eye down closer to the ground. Well, on the street I dropped it about 3000 rpm's (4-speed) and it stuck remarkedly better. My main concern is will this slow my 60's if I was not spinning @ the track before when I was hitting the tire harder?

Thanks,
drag-n
Old 05-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Inactive User

man, that one sounds like a run through the lights is the only way to find that out, id say if your not boging off the line and rpm's stay up while pulling through 1st 60 time would be better... you'd think

coolcarz
Old 05-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Inactive User

I realize I'm new to this 'site, but based on my own experience, I'd say that if you can hook better now, you should be able to improve on your 60 ft. by leaving the line @ a higer RPM, therefore bringing the motor nearer to its power / torque peak. A little finesse with the clutch pedal can help to keep the tires from breaking loose sometimes also. ( has the same effect as the slight tire spin that you were refering to as far as affecting your 60ft. time). But,.. if you have the traction, and the HP/TQ to move the car quickly from the line, less/no slippage (of tires, or clutch) is best IMO. You'll just have to experiment, because all cars work/react differently.

John C.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Inactive User

if you wern't spinning off of the line before at the track, and you are hitting softer now, then yes, your 60's are going to suffer.

Your suspension needs to work with your motor, not the other way around. All of your shifts need to work in a very narrow range. From peak horsepower, to peak torque. So, it just stands to reason that when you launch, you should be doing that at peak HP, have just enough traction that you can get one and only one full revolution out of your tires before they hook, and your engine rpm is going to be dragged down to peak torque, and then you start running thu the gears.

if you've dropped your lunch RPM by 3000, then you are going to be way off of your peak power!!!

if this is a street car that see's track time. Who cares, if you can hook up better on the street. But, if it's a 90% track car, you just shot yourself in the foot.