Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Inactive User

Default B1/BS Rocker arms

Anybody have any ideas or comments on what rocker arms to use with the big block b1/bs heads? I broke an adjuster on 2 of the ones that I have and it beat the snot out of the underside of the rocker. The ones that are on it are from Koffel's and their supplier changed the offset where the rocker shaft goes through so pushrod length would be wrong and they don't have any of the older style rockers left on the shelf. So it looks like I will be getting a new set and a set of pushrods. I was considering a set of the Crane's. Or maybe just stick with the newer style from Koffel's? Any others worth considering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drag car8.jpg (51.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Inactive User

Only the intake rocker is offset, I think any of the stock big block rockers will work on the exhaust side.
I have the 1.6:1 ratio rockers from Koffels on my B1-B/S heads. They are probbably the old style (red color?) So far no problems, but I'm only running a mild 251@ 0.050" roller cam.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Inactive User

I run original B-1's and gave up on the Koffels rockers a long time ago. I'm sure their stuff for the BS heads are the same low quality. I switched to Harland Sharps on mine. I'm not sure if they have the correct offset to work with the BS heads but it would be worth a check. Not only do they have a great product they are also very good people to deal with.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the input. My Koffel rockers are the red ones also. I am told that the way to tell the older and the newer ones apart is the older ones have an E or an I stamped on the underside of them which mine do. I bought this engine used from a friend of mine so I know its history. It has been run very little. The rockers sure seem to have quite a bit of wear for no more than this engine has been run. The cam is a Reed .680 lift roller. The b1 website says the Harland Sharp rockers won't work with the BS heads. After doing some checking I think I will give the Crane rockers a try. They have a set that is supposed to work with this head.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Inactive User

Default Erson

Quote:
Originally posted by JWest440
Thanks for the input. My Koffel rockers are the red ones also. I am told that the way to tell the older and the newer ones apart is the older ones have an E or an I stamped on the underside of them which mine do. I bought this engine used from a friend of mine so I know its history. It has been run very little. The rockers sure seem to have quite a bit of wear for no more than this engine has been run. The cam is a Reed .680 lift roller. The b1 website says the Harland Sharp rockers won't work with the BS heads. After doing some checking I think I will give the Crane rockers a try. They have a set that is supposed to work with this head.
Erson makes a set of needle bearing roller rockers complete with shafts and spacers for the B1-BS heads. 775-882-6600.