Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:45 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin 69/440/750 Demon Installation/Setup

I purchased a 750 Speed Demon with 1/2" spacer, dual feed line and FBO fuel line/filter for my 69 Roadrunner. I have a stock 440 with stock manifold and fuel pump. I was concerned about the clearance and it looks like I can adjust the hood hinge to make it work but am concerned about the hood lining up properly. What I also didn't realize was that the coil needs to be relocated, the Fuel Vapor Seperator would be eliminated and I need to change my fuel pump to accept the FBO fuel line. Before I attempt to fininsh the setup(or return the carb for a refund), what advise can anyone who has the same 750 Speed Demon setup give me?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:03 PM

I said this the last time someone asked a question exactly like this. You should have talked to Don and told him everything, to make sure that it would all fit the way that you want it to.

Off the top, adjusting the hood is not the correct way to gain hood clearance. The hood won't shut correctly and it will look like crap. Either get rid of the spacer or get the correct air cleaner assembly.

As far as the fuel lines go, either use a pump that has the AN fittings for the included lines or just suppliment a short section of rubber fuel hose between the metal line coming out of the existing pump to the new line.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Inactive User

I DID TALK TO DON! I SENT HIM THE QUESTIONAIRE HE HAS ONLINE, CALLED HIM TO DISCUSS AND HE SUGGESTED EXACTLY WHAT I PURCHASED. DON HAS AGREED TO REFUND MY MONEY BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE(DON) DID NOT EXPLAIN ALL OF THE OTHER ITEMS I WOULD NEED TO CHANGE. SO I WILL RETURN THE ITEMS AND KEEP MY 750 EDDY. THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:41 PM

You need to remember, Don is selling performance parts. If you are wanting to retain the original air cleaner and the correct coil placement, you have to specify that. If you don't, he assumes that you don't mind moving the coil and using an aftermarket performance air cleaner.

These questions are not on the questionaire. Unless you specify other wise, he has to assume performance as that is what he sells.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for your response, it is well taken.