Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-13-2000, 09:45 AM
Inactive User

Question

TO ALL THAT COULD HELP IN ANY WAY........
I NEED TO BYPASS THE GOVERNOR ON MY SUPERCHARGED V-10. I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL WHEN IT CRAPS OUT AT 115 MPH. THE DEALERS WILL NOT HELP EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW HOW TO. LIABILTIES.....SO THEY SAY. I KNOW IT'S A QUICK FIX BUT NOT SURE WHERE TO TACKLE IT WITH ALL THE ELECTRONICS. AND YES I'M STILL USING MY STOCK COMPUTER. IT'S BEEN WORKING GREAT WITH MY BLOWER BUT I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING CHANGING IT THOUGH. THANKS TO ALL!!!
Old 01-13-2000, 01:59 PM

Moparnut,
A friend of mine added a switch to 90 Daytona to disable the speed sensor. I am fairly sure you truck is setup in a similar manner. If you can get the dealership to let you look at the wieing diagrams for your application you should be able to get the pinout for the computer, and determine where you will have to wire a switch in to disable it. On the Daytona, when the speed sensor was disabled it also disabled the cruise. You may want to ask V10naCuda, he got the pinout for someone elses V8 truck.
SJS440
Old 01-13-2000, 02:17 PM
Inactive User

If your truck is a 94-95 you will have a speed sensor, but by disabling it you will lose overdrive and lock-up so don't go there. The 96 up use different inputs to achieve a speed signal(jtec as opposed to sbec controllers) I know the new ones use the tone wheel in the rear diff + the output shaft sensor in the trans for inputs and the cluster is a "smart cluster" which uses inputs to create it own speedo reading rather than the old style which the engine controller told the speedo what to read. As far as by passing the shutoff point I'm not sure it can be done, or I should say I do not know how. Just tryin to help! Mopar Mofun!!