Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Inactive User

Default 1971 Cuda: 8 track?

Hi all, first time here.

My friend purchased a fully stock, fully restored 71 Cuda 440 6-pack in the spring. He has since had the engine done over. Needless to say he has spent plenty, and has a wonderful car to show for it.

The stock sound system is an AM radio with only a front speaker. I recently purchased a 68 Mustang (forgive me) and am just having fun with it - doing all the things I couldn't afford to do to the one I had in high school. It is not stock, so I found a NOS aftermarket AM/FM 8 track for it and got some tapes off of eBay.

My friend's wife would like to get him an upgraded sound system for his car for Christmas (god do women ever plan early!). I know that my friend will not want anything that isn't 100% correct for his car.

So, questions:

1) did his car have an option for an 8 track? Cassette?

2) if so, what is the part number?

3) if so, any ideas where I can get one?

4) if not, what other optional sound systems were there (if any)

5) what about speakers - rear? door? other?

I may not have given you enuf info on the car to answer this question, if not, please post what you need and I will find it out.

Any help greatly appreciated. Links to websites, documents, etc welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Gregg
Waterloo, Canada