Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:56 AM
Inactive User

Default Flow results Motorhome Heads

In a former post I requested info on motorhome heads. I wanted to see what others experienced. No one had any specific information for me so I decided to have them flowed.The results were less than stellar. They were fantastic up to 3000 rpm; 197 cfm, from there to 6000 rpm they only increased 37 cfm. It would seem that if you were going to run low rpm (like a motorhome) they would do a great job. If you are looking for a great performance gain on a RB satelite, look for something else. I decided to shell out the hard earned cash for edelbrock aluminums.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:20 AM
Inactive User

Cry Help, my shop crane will not work!!!

I recently bot a new goodyear shop crane at sams club and it was working fine until my 3 yr old unscrewed the release lever all the way out. The oil was all over the floor. I pulled the rubber plug on the side of the ram and filled, but it wont pump up. I pulled the plunger and poured jack oil in while manually raiseing the boom. I may have over filled it, dunno, but it still won't work. It is reacting like the valve is still open, but i have it screwed tight. I an wondering if there is a part that may have poped out with the threaded release lever. If so I missed it during the exxon valdez clean up. Any one have any idea's?
Old 11-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by novacapitol
In a former post I requested info on motorhome heads. I wanted to see what others experienced. No one had any specific information for me so I decided to have them flowed.The results were less than stellar. They were fantastic up to 3000 rpm; 197 cfm, from there to 6000 rpm they only increased 37 cfm. It would seem that if you were going to run low rpm (like a motorhome) they would do a great job. If you are looking for a great performance gain on a RB satelite, look for something else. I decided to shell out the hard earned cash for edelbrock aluminums.
I thought flow was measured at lift, not rpm. That is very interesting though.
If those flowed 197 at .3" lift, that's not bad. The flow of 234 is not bad either for unported stock valve heads at .6" lift.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:32 AM
Inactive User

Yes, something odd here. And what exactly do you mean by motorhome heads? Are they those with odo exhaust flange, ro are tehy just regular BB heads that came out of some motor home?
Old 11-08-2004, 04:49 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

I have a couple 413Ts and they look similar to a max wedge.Ive been told that they dont have very big valves though.Lotsa meat there so start portin.Some hardened seats and large stainless valves should cure any flow problems.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:49 PM
CrAzYMoPaRGuY !!

Let me guess....

Water passages out the ends of the heads, which hook into the top of a weird water pump housing.
5/8" spark plugs, mounted at an angle.

I had the same engine in my motorhome, they aren't big on pulling revs but they move a heavy motorhome without overheating pretty good!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Inactive User

I've run into those RB motorhome heads before--they have some other interesting features. The valve covers are taller because the whole head is taller to accomodate longer valves and guides. The guides are longer to make more room for coolant around the stems. The valve stems are 7/16 in the bronze guides, and the exhausts are sodium filled for heat transfer. And, they do have the funniest looking water pump housing I have ever seen.

torch
Old 11-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Inactive User

I think I have a set of those, I looked up the casting number and they were listed as 60's Industrial use heads. They also have raised exhaust ports with unusual flanges.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:48 AM
Inactive User

Never seen such a set. Wonder if they might have any potential?