Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Neon Club Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Inactive User

Angry error code p1495

I have a 99 mits eclipse with a chrysler motor. I had an error code of P1495 so i replaced the emmissions control valve. However, my check engine light is stuck on. I unhooked the battery and the corosponding fuses but the light is still on. Anyone have any idea how to turn the light off?
Old 11-07-2004, 02:47 AM
Inactive User

Code P1495 is for the LDP solenoid circuit. (LDP-Leak Detection Pump). This is a system that seals off the evaporative system of the car and then pressurizes it with the LDP. The computer looks to see how long it takes to pressurize the system, (depending on fuel level) and then determines if the system is leaking. Emissions regulations require this to cut down on fuel vapours from escaping to the atmosphere. Since the light is on, it means the fault is still there since you replaced a part that has nothing to do with the evaporative system. You will likely have to get a dealer to diag this, unless you can get access to a shop manual and DRB scan tool. Keep in mind, there are a lot of reasons why the check engine light can be turned on. Unless you know what the code is and how to track down the fault, there is no point in replacing any parts as the odds of getting it right the first time is highly unlikely.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Inactive User

Confused more problems

1. The dealer did tell me that the valve needed to be replaced and he didn't find any other problem codes.
2. Laugh he mustn't know what he is doing because last night on a test drive my resevoir started boiling over and of course it looked worse because I had smoke coming out everywhere. It was too late to see what the cause was. If anyone has an idea please give me some feed back.