Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Inactive User

Default Give Us A V8 4 Passenger Rwd 2door

I Come From A Mopar Family. I Have A 68 Roadrunner, Bought A 99 Dodge Dakota Sport V8 (because I Couldnt By A Rwd V8 Car).
I Have A Family Of Three Including Myself. I'm 30 Years Old And Itching To Buy A New Performance Car...
I Dont Want A Four Door.
Guess Im Buying A Mustang....
Old 02-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Inactive User

I will wate tell next year and see what happens here at mopar or I will get a Shelby mustang if mopar dont get thers head out if their
Old 02-17-2005, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander
I Have A Family Of Three Including Myself. I'm 30 Years Old And Itching To Buy A New Performance Car...
I Dont Want A Four Door.
Guess Im Buying A Mustang....
I have a family of 4, they got too big for my Plymouth Breeze 4 door about 3 years ago, which has more room than a Mustang coupe. I dont know how you'll take it, going to wear a helmet? I pondered Mustangs but finally realized they were just too small for me, and there's also that 4 letter F word to think about!
My kids are teenaged and starting to get a lil larger too, dont want them squashin me either!!
Thats why I'll wait for the Charger, I'd have preferred a 2 door coupe in that slightly larger package, but at least I wont have to learn forward to let the kids in the back seat if I get one. Remember the old days when you'd let a high school friend into the car, then you'd lean your seat forward and they'd just PUSH on it? That's one thing I dont miss from my old 2 doors.....
Old 03-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

Default 06 charger

I would be okay with the charger if it LOOKED like a Charger....
What was wrong with the concept Charger from a few years back?...they even taunted us that they were developing a NEW HEMI for it.
Now THAT car was a Charger !!! If I was to Purchase a FOUR Door I Would buy the 300 because it is going to be about the same price as the Charger RT from what I understand. Both the Magnum RT wagon & the 300C ARE Beautiful vehicles....dont get me wrong.....but the Charger is a two door Muscle car Period. The Poser that DarnyouChrysler is trying to push on us is discrespectful to the proud heritage of the charger name. No two ways about it. If you put a dress on your brother & take him to the prom..it does not make him Shiana Twain. And besides anyone who would take their brother to the prom has GOT to get their priorities straight....Just what Chrysler has got to do Before all the Diehard mopar fanatics like us DO by a FORD. Lord give me the strength...
Old 03-12-2005, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander
If I was to Purchase a FOUR Door I Would buy the 300 because it is going to be about the same price as the Charger RT from what I understand. :
Pricing for the 2006 Charger is supposed to run in the $23,000 to $31,000 range, which is similar to the Magnum wagon. Pricing for the SRT-8 is expected to add quite a bit more to the price.
2006 300's are going to run from 27K up to almost $40K for the SRT-8 version.
AWD will add around 1000 to 1500$ to the ticket, not available with all option packages. Weight is surprisingly the same tween the 300 and the Charger with a v8 300 weighing in at 4000, and a similar optioned Charger for 4031.
The Magnum will be about 300 lbs additional on top of those numbers when equipped similarily.
I kind of expected the Charger to be considerably lighter than the 300, but that doesnt appear to be the case.
Still, I find that 4 to 9 grand price difference significant, which I expect will help Chargers sales numbers quite a bit.
If you prefer Grey Poupon, you may pony up the extra bucks for the 300!
Old 03-12-2005, 02:22 AM
Inactive User

rolleyes

From what I have herd there is only going to be a $2000 to $3000 difference in price all the way from R/T to SRT8 to me not enough difference but if it were a few doors shorter I might think about it
Old 03-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Inactive User

I definitely agree with everyone that Dodge needs to put out a 2 door Charger, and personally I think we will see one in the near future. Think of any new car that just begins production, the first or few model years are usually not the best, look at the 66 Charger, nice car in all but the best Charger (in my opinion) came in 69 when it had its best styling and power. Same with the Viper, when the Viper first came out yea it was a great car, but it wasnt until a few years later that a hard top came out with more power and better handling, you can look at almost any car and say this about them. From what I've heard Dodge wants to see how this Charger does and if it does well which it will, then the rumour Ive heard is a 2 door version will come out. I think the car is great looking and offers a good amount of power, handling, styling and its practical with the 4 doors for everyday driving and for the police market which the Intrepid did not do so well. I think that if the car didnt have the name plate Charger on it all of you guys would absolutely love the car like the 300 and Magnum. Everyones gotta realize that today all of the manufacturers are making high performance 4 doors, look at Caddy, Benz, BMW etc. they all make high performance 4 doors that could probably blow the doors off of a stang. And as for the guy that put that theres not much difference between the SRT 8 Magnum/300 and the regular Magnum/300 with the 5.7 Hemi, what are you talking about buddy? Try 425 horse and 490 torgue instead of 345 horse and 390 torque, better suspension and brembo 4 piston calipers. Wow that doesnt sound like a big improvement from the standard Hemi car eh?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Inactive User

Angry 06 Charger

The 2006 Daytona Chargers were at the "Mopar at the Strip" event. I got to drive one and although a trip around the parking lot was no real test drive, it is a bad ass car. I will agree that maybe they should have called it something else, but it sure is more muscle car than the 85 Turismo Chargers, four doors or not. I too believe that we will see a two door version soon and if it doesn't come soon enough I'll buy a four door before I'll buy ANY P.O.S Ford!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Inactive User

That 2.2 litre charger engine was awesome! And who could forget the legendary Dodge Challenger from the early 80's especially equipped with the infamous 4 2.6 Hemi. There is no reputation to ruin.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Banned

Biggrin

I beg to differ. The SHelby 2.2 had just as much performance as most V8's at the time. In some case even more. I raced a big block T/A that was stock. Belonged to one of our techs at the dealer. The Shelby stayed right with it through 4th gear side by side. And my brother drives our dirt track car which is a 2.6 Challneger. Runs with the best of the built up 2.3's with a hole lot less in our engine than what they run. Can we say cheaters??

I'm still waiting for a 2dr muscle car from Mopar. And that Mustang Cobra is looking real good to me right now. Mopar better get it's head out of it's arse and build us a real Muscle car.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc43
I'm still waiting for a 2dr muscle car from Mopar. And that Mustang Cobra is looking real good to me right now. Mopar better get it's head out of it's arse and build us a real Muscle car.
Perhaps the car now being tested at the Whitman Proving Grounds will fill the gap.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes2

Just saw the new "Charger" today,
it made me think, there are two schools of thought here with this car.
One is If we take the name from the car and the other is if the name remained the same.
thoughts from the first school,
Very nice car did not even notice the 4 doors and I had a good look I work at a TV station and the "auto reporter" is doing a story on the car.
It remotely gave me the feeling that this car could be something "bad'
the other school, this is not a charger not even close and what is with the "little point" on the nose?
in other words "Nice car, not a Charger"

my 2 cents.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Went to our car club meeting tonight and we will be doing a show when the first Chargers arrive. It was said by more than one, that this is nt a Charger and they should have built something else with 2 doors. Then someone mentioned the Mustang how well it's selling. Mopar better get with it soon.