Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Home Improvement

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Inactive User

Default Ever install "bay" windows?....

I have to replace some windows in my bungalow and I'm toy-ing with the idea of going with bay windows instead of my current flat ones. Has anyone installed these before? If so, did you have to do any modifications to the frame in the wall? Making the lower and upper supports for this type of window should be pretty straight forward, but any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:18 PM

Biggrin

I would think that the new window would include instructions. The ones I have seen installed have been built up underneath so that the siding material feathers out back to the wall. Probably reinforced underneath.

I do know, that once you have a hole in your wall, you are committed!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Inactive User

i helped my brother put one in my parents house a few years back and it was a pretty straight forward install. as long as your walls are sturdy, its a piece of cake. after the window is in i would suggest building a gusset on the outside under the window for support. we went the whole width of the window and then sheeted it. ma had a custom cusion made and it makes a great window seat. good luck!