Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Inactive User

Default brake rotors and rear drums

im swapping the caloper adaptors on my duster to fit the 11.75 rotors off the later b-bodies. im wanting, when i buy the rotors, to get a cross drilled set. anyone have any idea where i could get these?
also, on the rear drums (11X3), are there any upgrades i can make to increase effiency? the SCCA team i used to work for drilled a ton of holes in the backing plates, which i question for steet use....
thanks for any help
michael
Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Banned

Biggrin

The holes wont hurt a thing on the street. There was even a tsb to add two holes to each backing plate to relieve dust to prevent squeaking rear brakes on one modle of car that we worked on at the dealership. Best thing to do is add one of our ducts and brake air hoses to your set up. We even have a fan that can be installed in the hose to pump air into the drums. This also works on the rotors too. Best thing to do is add our rear discs to it. That will get you some stopping power witt less chance of fading.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Inactive User

Default dwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc43
The holes wont hurt a thing on the street. There was even a tsb to add two holes to each backing plate to relieve dust to prevent squeaking rear brakes on one modle of car that we worked on at the dealership. Best thing to do is add one of our ducts and brake air hoses to your set up. We even have a fan that can be installed in the hose to pump air into the drums. This also works on the rotors too. Best thing to do is add our rear discs to it. That will get you some stopping power witt less chance of fading.
There is no doubt that you have made some good points in this post.
Also Iam not questioning your info.
But perhaps you should leave out the (one of our / add our) as someone could confuse this with a sales pich.
Just a thought.