Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-14-2000, 05:23 AM
Inactive User

Tim,Can you show me how to do a race car alignment in my garage?--I have cranked the T-bars up&down on my duster to keep it level.now the tires sort of layover.will also replace a few worn parts before spring.--thanks good site carl!
Old 01-15-2000, 03:50 PM

During next week, I may write a topic on how I taught myself to do front end alignments. I'd like to see some interest shown in this before I do it, though.(That means - other people, type a message about it!) In the short term, though, get some urethane bushings, especially the lower control arm ones, and read the Mopar Chassis Manual. It has all kinds of information on setting alignment for street and race cars.
Old 01-15-2000, 06:14 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Tim_K,
I am also interested in learning about your alignment methods. And pretty much any other words of wisdom that your willing to share with the rest of us! I've found your previous posts to be quite informative. Thanks for your time!
Old 01-15-2000, 11:22 PM

Thumbs up

Tim_K I am sure if more people would read this u would get more responses. I for One would love to be able to with my husband, to be able to do a front end alignment on our cars. Alot of places wont even touch the older cars because they dont have the calibration charts and in 2 cases with us they said they could and didnt. One cost us $160.00 for a 4 way laser type alignment and my husband almost lost the car at a 120mph because it was not aligned properly. Please think about it.

thank you
MOPAR OR NO CAR
Old 01-16-2000, 04:58 AM
Inactive User

Tim; I know myself and a few others are interested in your methods.Anything we can learn from you or others on this site is worth waiting for.
Old 01-16-2000, 03:37 PM
Inactive User

Go for it Tim. I know I am always looking for ways to do things my self. Saves money and I doesn't get screwed up. I'll be watching for your info.
Old 01-16-2000, 11:56 PM
ted

you cant do a proper alignment without the proper tools, but do that you want and call me for new tires next summer.
Old 01-17-2000, 05:51 AM
Inactive User

I'd like to hear your alignment method. The old dart pulls a bit to the right. Not worried about wearing out tires either, they last quite a while 1/4 mile at a time. Anyone know a good place to get individual suspension pieces little stuff just like bushings and grease dust boots
Old 01-18-2000, 12:47 AM
Moderate anarchist

I'd like to know how as well, seems the local shops can't do an alignment with a $50k machine. I have 5 Mopars and I'd rather not spend $45 a crack for a pisspoor alignment.

Steve

------------------
38 Plymouth P6
65 Plymouth Barracuda
87 Dodge Diplomat
89 Plymouth Caravan
96 Dodge Neon

"No quarter asked, none given" - Thunderstruck Racing
Old 01-18-2000, 01:56 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Tim K, I would like some "Been there,did that" information on front end's. Then I can relay them to my buddy who is going to line up my Duster. Thanks MOPAR or I walk!@#$%^&*
Old 01-18-2000, 04:42 AM
Inactive User

Look through Mopar Muscle,
I saw some tubular A-Arms for sale that might make the job a whole lot easier...........
Old 01-18-2000, 05:34 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

I too would like to know your method Tim K. I use 2 jack stands,2 concrete blocks(i only have 2 stands),some nylon string & a level to set all my cars & have had good results this way & i don`t buy tires every summer. You have to understand what caster, camber & toe in is & how to adjust it.I worked at a goodyear store in the 80`s & probably did 10-15 cars a week for a couple years so i have the edge over the average person.You have to really know what you`re doing to get it right.A computer is no better than the person using it.

[This message has been edited by 360duster (edited January 17, 2000).]
Old 01-18-2000, 07:25 PM

Ok, I see there is some interest. I haven't been able to get on a computer for several days. I'll have it up before the end of the week.