Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin Tube chassis!!

Hi, I have a 73 duster bracket racer with stock body and drivetrain. But I want to build a tube chassis with 2x4 tube framerails and round tube cage, I want to build the chassis by myself ,I guess it is easy but I need some help with a design and I have some questions:
1._ could somebody help me about how to install the front suspension?
2._what suspension could I install? (pinto,mustang or other cars)
3._ can i install springs and shocks at the rear suspension instead of coil overs?
Any help you can givme is welcome!!
P.D. excusme for my bad english but... I'm from Mexico.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Banned

make sure yo upost pics of your progress!
(excuse my bad english, im from alaska)
Old 04-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuca73
Hi, I have a 73 duster bracket racer with stock body and drivetrain. But I want to build a tube chassis with 2x4 tube framerails and round tube cage, I want to build the chassis by myself ,I guess it is easy but I need some help with a design and I have some questions:
1._ could somebody help me about how to install the front suspension?
2._what suspension could I install? (pinto,mustang or other cars)
3._ can i install springs and shocks at the rear suspension instead of coil overs?
Any help you can givme is welcome!!
P.D. excusme for my bad english but... I'm from Mexico.
Do you have a surface plate?? If not, send it to a chassis shop that builds race cars cause you'll never get it to go straight. And why would you want to use heavy leaf springs over lighter more reactive coil overs? And use a stock B body front clip fora better front suspension.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Inactive User

There's a place here in Indianapolis that could help you out a ton. I'm not sure if they have a website but the name of the shop is Automotion Race Cars. If they have a site they should have the phone number, I know it wouldn't be easy since they're not close, but I know their work and they're extremely impressive.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Inactive User

Laugh Hello!

Ok friends, thanks a lot!!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Inactive User

Amigo! You need to visit "Fatman" (street rodding outfit, do a web search) or Heidt's Rod shop also Alston Fabrication, all of these places build what your looking for, you could copy one of their plans. One other place to help is "MagnumForce". This guy has built many of your type of cars. Go with coil-overs on all 4 corners, better tune ability of your suspension.
Dont be afraid to ask lots of questions, the people who have the answers are out there, and they want to help.

Please excuse the poor English I am from North Mexico, otherwise known as California!! LOL)
Adios Meeho