Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:18 PM

Default What aplication motor mount do I use???

I just recently purchased a mopar performance 360 shortblock which is going into my 69 Plymouth Satellite.
It originally had a 318 and from what I understand the motor mounts are different. With that said what application of the 360 motor mounts would fit in my plymouth. If I go down to the local parts store what vehicle do I need to choose the motor mounts from that would directly fit my plymouth??

Thanks
Nick
Old 08-25-2005, 06:57 PM

Wink

The 360 mount is only different on one side (drivers side I think) Unfortunately you can't buy a new mount at an auto parts store The part that is different is the motor mount bracket which is not an auto parts store item. The rubber mount (called an insulator) is available but the bracket will have to come from a Mopar dealer or Scumacher.www.engine-swaps.com
Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Inactive User

I used 318 mounts on my 340 ( 360 is the same as 340) and all I did was shim it out with a couple of washers to move it back and it lined right up...
Old 08-25-2005, 10:15 PM

In my experience and also my opinion, go to a Chrysler dealer and pay the bucks for the good performance mounts. Otherwise, you can be cheap and use the standard mounts, and rip the drivers side completely out the first time you jump on the gas real hard. Chances are you'll finally end up buying the good mounts anyway. Thats what happened to me!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:37 PM

Hey Gthomas
So all I have to do is go to the dealer and ask for 360 mounts for my 69 plymouth well they fit?? I figured I would need the engine side to be 360 and the K member side to be 318. would this be right??

thanks for the reply.

thanks also to the others, I figured it wouldn't be easy but would be a bit pricey.

If all else fails probably go with Schumacher.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD
Hey Gthomas
So all I have to do is go to the dealer and ask for 360 mounts for my 69 plymouth well they fit?? I figured I would need the engine side to be 360 and the K member side to be 318. would this be right??

thanks for the reply.

thanks also to the others, I figured it wouldn't be easy but would be a bit pricey.

If all else fails probably go with Schumacher.
I finally bought the performance ones for both sides from the Chrysler dealer in Thousand Oaks, you could call Troy at the dealership and have him send you the mounts and best of all, he'd know if the 318 mounts would work on the passenger side.

At first I couldn't get the performance mounts to fit until I found out that they fit only one way. When put in the wrong way (wrong side up), the holes will be about 1/8 inch out of alignment.

The passenger side mount is not the problem, its the drivers side that needs the performance mount. I guess you could buy only the left mount and see if the right side 318 mount will work on the passenger side.