Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Inactive User

Default Good source for KB 215 pistons wanted

Found a nice forged 440 crank and the machine shop has it right now. I'll have it tomorrow or Monday. Decided to go ahead and build a 451 based on my '73 400 block.

Since it will be a fairly low rpm engine without any power adders I am going to use Keith Black 215 hyper-u pistons.

Who is a good source to buy the pistons from? I found that Campbell Enterprises sells them for a pretty good price, about $290 on their web site. Are they good to deal with? Any sources you guys have used that you recommend checking with?

Thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Inactive User

I bought my kb 243's from summit and paid $221. dont know what the others are priced at. also you might check what PAW in Cali. wants for them.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Tallent
I bought my kb 243's from summit and paid $221. dont know what the others are priced at. also you might check what PAW in Cali. wants for them.
Have not used the KBs but have bought lots from both no prob. see paw Summit
Old 09-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Inactive User

Thanks guys. Calling Summit now.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Inactive User

LOL And now, nearly $1000 later I have KB pistons, moly rings, Tru-Roller t/c set, Xtreme Energy cam and lifters, Fel-Pro gaskets, valley pan and misc stuff coming in Tuesday or Wednesday. Earl at Summit was very easy to deal with and the prices were very good.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-body-will
LOL And now, nearly $1000 later I have KB pistons, moly rings, Tru-Roller t/c set, Xtreme Energy cam and lifters, Fel-Pro gaskets, valley pan and misc stuff coming in Tuesday or Wednesday. Earl at Summit was very easy to deal with and the prices were very good.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

What valley pan did you get? FPP1214 ? I used the stock fel-pro when I lived in Florance az and chandler, then I used the mopar heat crossover block off kit, the Fel-Pro gasket that is not punched out like FPP1214 works the best in that heat. Takes a little longer to warn up.

Good luck with your 451 after they turn down the mains are they going to harden the crank?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Inactive User

The valley pan has no crossover passage, which is what I wanted. (not sure of the part # right now, I have looked at so many things) I guess it didn't matter much since the dual-plane manifold I got for it has no passage.

Good question on the hardening, I did not ask. Have not picked it up yet, that will happen Monday.

Was just perusing the Summit site preparing to spend a few more $$, windage tray, etc. One thing I am a little concerned with is the bore size in the head gaskets in the FelPro set I ordered. I am having the block bored .060 to 4.40". I ordered #FEL-KS2110. Guess I'll find out in a couple of days.