Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Inactive User

Default Eddies on my 340

I'm planning on using RPM Eddies #6077 on my '72 340 challenger with factory AC and power steering I'm also using a late type 78 amp alt.(stock set up is dual AC belts and p/s belt). here is my problem ;I've been told that with this set up,modifications to brackets and /or pulleys will be necessary due to the fact that the eddies' casting is different from the stock heads in the bracket attachment area. Can anybody running a similar set up give me an idea as to what modifications ,if any, were necessary?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Inactive User

340rt I just went through the very same thing with my 70 challenger 340, the Eddies do not have a relief at the front of the head for the alternator so you need to fabricate a new alternator bracket & use longer belts, i could not use the factory rv2 compressor because i also installed a eddie performer rpm intake (thermostat housing is in the way). also if you are using your stock exhaust manifolds there is clearance problems, use two header gaskets. i used a sanden polished compressor, fabricated some brackets from 1/8 steel plate, it tucks in very nicely between the thermostat housing & the passenger side valve cover it uses two belts also. the eddies are a big pita to install but they do perform & allow me to run 10.5 to1 cr on pump ca. premium fuel. good luck
Old 10-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Inactive User

Thank you don 340-4 for your reply ; it'll really help me a lot! Regarding the A/C compressor I'm going to try and use the rv2 (for $$$ reasons).I'm presently using an LD 340 wlth the rv2 with no interference problems.Hopefully I'll be able to use both of them in conjunction with the eddies.I'll definitely put the Sander compressor in my to-do list ! I'm using the old 340 HP exhaust manifolds. Thank you again.