Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:17 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

Default From 6 to 360!!1

Here we go one more time, I saw the post below but I am just looking for the short version. 85 Ram long bed, pulled the Slant aready, 360 is ready to go in. What mods do I need and what do I need to pull off the doner car. Donor car is a 74 Plymouth station wagon. I need to know about, cross members, drive shaft, motor mounts and the like. Also I am going from lean burn to electronic. Thanks a million everybody!!! I can't wait to hear the 360 through the Flowmaster 40's!!!
73 Swinger
76 Ram 3/4 Ton
77 Ram Shortbed 1/2 Ton
74 Duster w/318
92 Sundance
89 LeBarron Convertable Turbo
Old 10-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71SATELITE
Here we go one more time, I saw the post below but I am just looking for the short version. 85 Ram long bed, pulled the Slant aready, 360 is ready to go in. What mods do I need and what do I need to pull off the doner car. Donor car is a 74 Plymouth station wagon. I need to know about, cross members, drive shaft, motor mounts and the like. Also I am going from lean burn to electronic. Thanks a million everybody!!! I can't wait to hear the 360 through the Flowmaster 40's!!!
As far as I'm aware, trucks all have the same cross member, regardless of engine.The difference is in the brackets. You will need truck motor mount brackets for the 360. The car ones won't work.

If the cross members from 6 to 8 aren't the same, the car cross member might as well be from a chevy, because it won't fit your truck.

You'll need a truck 360 oil pan (truck 318 or car 318 or car 360 won't work)

Save the drive shaft from the parts car, your old one probably won't have the right yolk on the trans end. You will need to have the length modfied. A local driveshaft shop whould be able to tell you what measurements you need to take, so they can shorten or lengthen the shaft. Double check the rear ujoint is the same size, prior to getting the shaft length changed.

Lean burn to electronic is much like points to electronic. The existing stuff is useless.

Buy an electronic conversion harness, or cut the harness off your parts car.

2 wires to the dist, 1 to the coil neg, and one to a keyed on ignition source is how you wire it With a new 5 wire harness, the coil and dist leads are premade, the green wire is unused, and the blue wire is the one you put to the key on 12 v source.

Use the existing coil pos wire that is on the truck for the coil pos.