Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 AM

Biggrin Route 66 Edition

This is coming out after the first of the year. Good looking rig, but alas, only the standard 150 horse is available. Kind of like what they did with the Ram Rumble Bee.........all show and no extra go.
Still, I like it
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg yellow PT.jpeg (31.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Inactive User

Me too, and the best part, so does my wife. We just might go order one this week. Thanks for the picture of it.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:36 AM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cageman
Me too, and the best part, so does my wife. We just might go order one this week. Thanks for the picture of it.
Hey, I know you will like it. Check out the calipers on all 4. They are painted yellow. Let us know what the dealer quotes for lead time.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:52 AM

Biggrin

Here is a better pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006_pt_cruiser.jpg (100.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Inactive User

I went and talked to a dealer today, there is four to choose from and they are in Mineapolis, MN, He could get it here by Monday.

I walked in and said I wanted a Route 66 Pt and all the salesmen said they have never heard of such a thing. I said I wanted a Manual trans and for some reason he couldnt get that, and I wanted a limited slip too, and I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get that, and he had no Idea of when or if to get a manual trans though.

I told him I would buy it out right and I didnt want to go thru there financier. He fed me some crap of If I didnt finance it thru them, it would cost 1500 more and I kept telling him my banker is better than his banker.
20300 is what he priced one out and I am going back on Monday and telling him I want it for 19,000. we test drove one today and it was goin for 17,200.
Sure it didnt have the options the RT 66 has, but still, they all depreciate the same. I think what is goin on is they are bolting on some options to make the 06 more appealing, maybe they forsee not selling as many PT this year and they are already built, I dont know.
I had Chrysler financial with my 95, I just didnt have a good taste in my mouth after that, I switched the loan to my bank after a year or so into it, I at least have a smiling face that I can give my money to each month, unlike C financial.

I love going to the dealership knowing more than the salespeople there, I get a kick out of it.
Me and my Wife both knew all the options and I think the guy was a bit intimidated from our knowledge of the car.

He said it only gets 21 in town and 28 on the highway. Not to impressed with that. I wish I could get the Diesel version of it, I bet that gets awesome MPG, I wonder why it isnt allowed here, but it is sold in Canada and Mexico with a diesel.

I guess we will see, maybe sometime next week we will have a yellow car in our driveway.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Inactive User

Wink That thing needs something.....

Oh yeah a trip to Hahn Racecraft or whipple!!! I am still loving my 05 GT too just longing for 300 hp!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:37 PM

Biggrin

Quote:
I went and talked to a dealer today, there is four to choose from and they are in Mineapolis, MN, He could get it here by Monday.

I walked in and said I wanted a Route 66 Pt and all the salesmen said they have never heard of such a thing. I said I wanted a Manual trans and for some reason he couldnt get that, and I wanted a limited slip too, and I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get that, and he had no Idea of when or if to get a manual trans though.

I told him I would buy it out right and I didnt want to go thru there financier. He fed me some crap of If I didnt finance it thru them, it would cost 1500 more and I kept telling him my banker is better than his banker.
20300 is what he priced one out and I am going back on Monday and telling him I want it for 19,000. we test drove one today and it was goin for 17,200.
Sure it didnt have the options the RT 66 has, but still, they all depreciate the same. I think what is goin on is they are bolting on some options to make the 06 more appealing, maybe they forsee not selling as many PT this year and they are already built, I dont know.
I had Chrysler financial with my 95, I just didnt have a good taste in my mouth after that, I switched the loan to my bank after a year or so into it, I at least have a smiling face that I can give my money to each month, unlike C financial.

I love going to the dealership knowing more than the salespeople there, I get a kick out of it.
Me and my Wife both knew all the options and I think the guy was a bit intimidated from our knowledge of the car.

He said it only gets 21 in town and 28 on the highway. Not to impressed with that. I wish I could get the Diesel version of it, I bet that gets awesome MPG, I wonder why it isnt allowed here, but it is sold in Canada and Mexico with a diesel.

I guess we will see, maybe sometime next week we will have a yellow car in our driveway.

From what I have read, the Rte 66 is the only model to get the yellow paint and there are no options. 150 HP automatic is it. If the dealer is saying he can get you some other features, I believe he is wrong. BTW, The Rte 66 stickers for about 20K and change.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Inactive User

we will see, if they want to sell it they will deal, that is SUGGESTED retail price, not actual. They have a lot of overhead, we will see I guess.
What I have seen it lists for 19500, But I want a manual, and Chryslers website says a manual is available and I dont want the 180 dollar sirius subscription that aslo comes with the car, he says it is free, but it plain as day lists 179 dollars on the sheet I got from him.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:02 AM

Biggrin

Cageman, Mea Culpa! I did some more research and you are right. The Rte 66 PT is available now and there is a choice of tranny, $19,825 for the 5 speed and $20,660 for the automatic.

There aren't many options because it comes with just about everything. Still, only the standard engine is included. I wonder if that may change later on. I would be pissed if I bought one with the standard engine and later on they offered the turbo.

Good luck if you get one. Let us know how you like it. I was very impressed with the car and will own one soon.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Inactive User

I read where a guy bought his for 18,800, I think it was a manual trans.

There is one on Ebay for 19,800, buy it now. It is in NC.

You cant get Leather either. This means the 1000 they made are all built and this option package is what they are, and they are not going to build more, unless all 1000 sell like hotcakes. We'll see.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:35 PM

Biggrin

Quote:
I read where a guy bought his for 18,800, I think it was a manual trans.

There is one on Ebay for 19,800, buy it now. It is in NC.

You cant get Leather either. This means the 1000 they made are all built and this option package is what they are, and they are not going to build more, unless all 1000 sell like hotcakes. We'll see.
$18,800 is a fair price. A 1K discount shouldn't be too hard to squeeze out of a dealer unless there is a line out the door.

I didn't know they capped production at 1000 units. Did you order one?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Inactive User

I went there today, the dodge dealer in Aberdeen that is, and I tried to deal on the car and the guy wasnt having any of that, I tried this and I tried that, he wouldnt budge. I was going to finance at my bank and that was that, He told me that there would be a 1500 dollar increase in the price as I wasnt financing thru Chysler Financial. I told him I would just buy the car on Ebay and he called the dealer in NC and I talked to him, He said that there was only a 1000 dollar incentive thru C Financial, and that would be added to the final price on the car, if bought thru Ebay. He said that I would need to finance 5000 of it thru Dodge and I would have to at least make four payments thru there to get the 1000 credit, or rebate, whatever it is.

I then said I have seen one go for 18800 in the past week and I offered him 18,800 for this car, he wouldnt budge a dollar, I then told him I was also Interested in a 05 Honda Civic Si and it was going for 18,500. He said it is half the car as the PT and I would be disapointed, I said the only thing that is half on the Civic is the depreciation value, as unlike the PT, it will sustain its value. I told him he knows my number and if he wants to deal, he will call.

I walked out the door, drove accross town, was welcomed into the Honda dealership and I DEALED on a 05 Civic and got it for 17,435 and the windows were tinted too in the deal. I just got home and I will pick the car up on thursday, as the windows need to be tinted, and My bank is 100 miles away, so I need a couple days for paper work.

The sales people were really easy to deal with, and they were willing to deal, I even got the windows tinted in the deal, as I threw that out at the end, and they thought about it for a while and said OK.

Turns out the owner of the dealership has some old Dodges and used to race Dodges at the local circle track. I hear he has a superbird, but havent confirmed that.

So I guess no PT for me, oh well, thats how it goes, cant get to attatched to a car when your dealing, ya know.