Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-24-2000, 06:50 AM
Inactive User

What the heck do supertuners know that I'm missing?
This will be my fourth s.b. 318 which I have done a budget build on, (cam, chain, intake, carb, headers)and each one I get done gives me a full year of beating up on chevys and fords. Everytime I get my finishing touches done i.e. hoses fire up etc., I can never tune it to COME ALIVE like a good supertuner can. What the hell are their secrets. I cannot understand those holly supertuning books way too much math. If ANYONE has any knowledge for small block tuning up to about 6000 rpm let me know!! akita@pacifier.com
Old 01-24-2000, 07:45 AM
Inactive User

What exactly do you have. My m-body Lebaron with a 318 and a lockup 904 can hold its own against other land barges, but I cannot hope to take a Camaro or Mustang off the line due to high gearing(2.79) and a lot of weight. My car is pretty much stock with a cast iron manifold from a 81 Dippy Police Interceptor and Holley 4160 carb. It also has the MP ignition System and a 2 1/2" single exhaust with a Walker Turbo II muffler. In the next few months I will be replacing the heads with some larger valved heads and probablt port match the manifolds. But I still will not be able to race against a High Performance car unless I lose some weight and change the butt gears. SO look past the negine and check out weight and gearing. Another thing is being able to launch properly. I have taken a few Camaro's and Mustangs because the juvenile punks driving them did not know how to launch, but most of them would eat me up off the line, sigghh...cruzerjd