Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Inactive User

Question New Member Here And Looking For Information

Hello Moparchat Members,

A while back, I purchased two Mopar 2.2 race engines from Hasselgren Engineering, a well known builder in California. They had been prepared for a customer then placed in dry storage.....ten years ago!! The shop has lost all of the build specifications/dyno records and the builder is no longer with the company.

Here is where I need help...
I am looking for a performance engine builder located near northcentral Kansas that is well versed in Mopar four cylinder engines to disassemble, clean, inspect, then reassemble these engines. Can anyone suggest a reputable shop?

Many thanks!!

Gerry Dedonis "KSGerry"
dedonis@kans.com
785-655-3862
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mopar1.JPG (77.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Mopar1A.JPG (77.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Mopar2.JPG (75.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0007.JPG (77.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Mopar3.JPG (75.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Nice pieces you hqave there. Twin side draft webbers, oil cooler lines, most likely a G casting head. Love the water pump drive belt. We need that one our car. We race these engines on 1/4 mile asphalt tracks. I can do what you want, but I aint nowhere near you. I live in TN. If you can't find anyone else to helo you with one and you can ship I could look them overr for ya.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Inactive User

Smile

Thanks dwc43!

These were built by Hasselgren, www.hasselgren.com to be used in Mexican Formula Two road racing. I believe IMSA also used a similar Mopar four cylinder for competition too.

I offered them up for sale a few months ago but did not have any buyers. Perhaps I should have opened them up and taken photos/detailed descriptions of the internals?

Contact me by email or telephone if you have an interest in them.

Thanks again!
Gerry Dedonis
dedonis@kans.com
785-655-3862
Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned

Biggrin

PM me with a price. Not sure I can use them, but I might take them off your hand. I know they might a detune to fit my class rules. NASCAR is pretty strict and they confiscate illegal parts when they find them send them to NASCAR in FLA. and auction them off at some point. They return the money and it goes into a fund. I can't rememeber which fund right off the top of my head though.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGerry
Hello Moparchat Members,

A while back, I purchased two Mopar 2.2 race engines from Hasselgren Engineering, a well known builder in California. They had been prepared for a customer then placed in dry storage.....ten years ago!! The shop has lost all of the build specifications/dyno records and the builder is no longer with the company.

Here is where I need help...
I am looking for a performance engine builder located near northcentral Kansas that is well versed in Mopar four cylinder engines to disassemble, clean, inspect, then reassemble these engines. Can anyone suggest a reputable shop?

Many thanks!!

Gerry Dedonis "KSGerry"
dedonis@kans.com
785-655-3862

neat stuff.. i have a soft spot in my heart for the 2.2L.. My first car was an 83 Rampage. Loved that little truck.