Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-30-2001, 02:40 PM
Inactive User

Question More bass for 2001 Quad Cab

Alright...I'm trying to figure out a way to add some bass to my dak. Is it possible to tap into the amp (Infinity Sound from factory) and run a bazooka tube or similiar woofer? There's no room under the back seat, so I want to utilize the floor board.

Also, at video arcades, a lot of games, especially racing, have a sort of "bass producing mechanism". I think that they're called Aura Bass Shakers. Not a speaker, but something that makes vibrations according to what the music is doing. They fit in a very confined space (under the seat in the Dak maybe?). Anyone ever heard of these before?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 06-30-2001, 04:01 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

Alright, theres a problem. Those little amps attached to each speaker are just enough power for the speaker they are attached to. That little amp wont give the speaker enough wattage to perform its best. Also, not giving a speaker enough wattage will blow a speaker quicker and ALOT easier than over powering one. You would be better off buying a separate amp for the tube.

Now, Yes I have heard and experienced with Aurora Bass Shakers. They can be mounted under your seat and vibrate to your bass making your subs feel like they hit ALOT harder. They take about 25watts each power and you would have to have them running off your sub amp. So the separate amp would be the best way to go for ya.