Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-14-2001, 01:41 PM
Inactive User

Default Unstealable CD Player

Can any body tell me what's the cheapest way to install a CD changer in my Plymouth's trunk without leaving any obvious radio equipment on the dash board, and still be able to turn it on and off and adjust the volume from the driver's seat? I don't need much sound quiality, just better than the factory radio...but I don't guess that even the cheapies (like Kraco and Audiovox) give that little sound quality nowadays. I've found that fancy looking radios are the one thing that gets a broken window here in Fresno.I don't know what I'd need in addition to the Changer unit. All I've got right now is the factory AM radio and a speaker in the dash board. I do already have two 6"x9" speakers for the rear package shelf which are not yet installed. They are Jensen brand. Jensens have worked well with my Pioneer Super Tuners in the past. I'll never forget my 1975 Fury Sport, when it was nearly new....what a sound system!

Well, thanks for any help if y'all can give any!

Dean High
Old 07-14-2001, 10:41 PM

Well as long as you havee a FM radio with a digital tunner you can add a FM modulated cd changer.

just turn your factory radio to a station and you get CD though the FM. Thats about the only way to have a CD with a factory headunit
Old 07-14-2001, 10:48 PM
Inactive User

Default 98 Ram SST

Hmmmmm....thanks 1998 Power Ram...
I'll have to find a Fury, Polara, or Monaco in one of the wrecking yards and get the FM radio out of it. Now, I have a direction in which to go! Of course, in Fresno, all I get on AM is talk radio and Mexican/Spanish Country Music. I'd like to have FM capability!
Old 07-17-2001, 03:00 PM
Extra Stout

Leave the AM in and put a new cassette head-unit in the glove box and a CD changer in the trunk. Use the wireless remote control from the drivers seat to control everything.

Out of site out of mind.
Old 07-31-2001, 12:04 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Check this out

This may not be the cheapest, but should give you better sound quality than modulating the CD through a thirty year old tuner out of a junk yard radio.

"Secretaudio is a three piece hidden audio system that offers great flexibility for mounting in any type vehicle. "

Secret Audio