Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-30-2001, 11:48 PM
Inactive User

Default Duramat

I am getting ready to put a sound system in a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner, My local stereo shop has suggested putting duramat liners in the car before I do carpet and headliner, cost up around 3 hundred$. I was wondering if anyone has used this and is it worth it. I don't plan on getting carried away just a decent sound system with an amp and some subs. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.................Jim
Old 08-31-2001, 01:11 AM

It would help but if your not going to invest in a big system its not a "gotta have".

It would help quiet your car from road noise and will also allow you to hear more of you music.

You could do it yourself. Installing that stuff is just a matter of using a heat gun, a roller, and some cleaner for the sheet metal.

Its alittle teatous but it could save you some money. At our shop we charge 35-45 an hour for dynamat.

You could also use that roll on bedliner stuff for the floor, it helps pretty much in the same way and could be alittle easier and faster to applie. Of course the headliner would be out of the question.

Dynamat has a fluid style sound dampener that can be used with a air compressor. Its expessive cause you get it by the gallon but it sure beats dynamating a trunk with a heat gun and a roller.
We did this to a 79 trans am. The hardest part is masking the car off.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:03 AM
Inactive User

Default Dynamat

Thanks for the info Indiana, I will take it into concideration and let you know how it comes out.........Thanks again........Jim
Old 09-10-2001, 08:43 PM
Inactive User

Default Dura Mat

Used the Dura Mat on the floor of a 73 Duster and was very pleased with the results. Also used the Silver reflective material advertised for Vans in the doors and othere areas. Just folded it like an accordian slipped it in an straitened it out. The car was really quiet and the entire cost was a little over a hundred dollars.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:33 PM

Default dynomat

You probably mean dynomat which will make your car sound solider and reduce road noise + rattles due to the stereo it is a good product.I run it behind my speaker pods in my 1939 dodge coupe for when I compete in stereo shows.
Old 09-14-2001, 10:23 PM
Banned

Default Dynamat

jlhram said "I don't plan on getting carried away just a decent sound system with an amp and some subs."

If your going to get "some subs", then your going to have "some boomage" which will cause rattles that will take away from your sound quality. Depending on how much you get into it, you could end up sound dampening most every piece & panel in your vehicle. Some version of Dynamat is worth the effort. Check out their home page at www.dynamat.com

Here's a pic of some Dynamat in my RAM.