Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-19-2002, 02:36 PM
Inactive User

Default 8 track help

I just bought a '67 Satellite and want to put an old FM/8-track I have into the car. The player is an Automatic Radio Model SPE-5004. It is a detatchable-radio as there is a mounting bracket that is to be screwed into the underdash and the radio slides into it. It's purchase date was sometime in 1973.

The problem I have is that the mounting bracket no longer has the wiring harness that goes into it. The wiring attachment coupling but the wires themselves are long gone. What were the colors and sequences of the wires that went into the harness? There is a top right, top left, bottom right, and bottom left.

It is also missing a wire that went into a socket labeled "to radio" on the back of the player. I am not sure if this is an optional thing or was/is required.

It is a neat radio--would be a very cool retro touch to the car--can anyone help?

Alexander Vasquez