Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-13-2002, 06:45 PM
Inactive User

Default Duster System Install

I had a system in a 72 Duster that was swiped by some low life vermin. I intended to replace with a head unit and replace the Infinitys. The front system was mounted in the doors, the new door panels will Not be cut for speakers, wher do I go from here?
Anyone have front speakers in the kick panels? Will a single woofer in the factory speaker position with small tweeters mounted in the kick panels give satisfactory stereo performance?
Help!!!!!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:37 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin Q-pods

George,
You have a fairly easy solution to your problem. Since your in Lancaster check with either Good Guysor Al & Ed's for custom work. You will need a set of Q-form pods. They are fiberglass and can be custom tailored for your kick panel. They even work with that floor mounted parking brake, to house a 3-pc speakers set properly angled and all color matched to your interior. The largest I would go is : 6 in. woofer or full range, 3in. mid-range, and 1in tweeter in seperates. Or a 2/3 piece system from Sony Mobile ES Xplod, Infinity Kappa Series, Polk EX Series , or my choice Rockford Fosgate Fanatic (Q,P or X) all have crossovers. For your equipment try Ubid.com or Crutchfeild 800-955-9009. And I would try and get as close to "the city" as possible for the work Pomona will work in a pinch though.
Good Luck and I hope to see you at the Nats.