Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-03-2002, 02:09 AM
Inactive User

Default deck possiblilties

i have a 70 dodge dart and iw as thinking about getting a cd player for it idont have much experience hooking them up i know there are only 2 wires to the old am radio how much work is it to put in a new cd player
Old 05-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Extra Stout

If you want to keep your dash intact, the biggest problem will be finding a suitable mounting location. To educate yourself go to http://www.crutchfield.com/ They have a ton of very good information for the novice.

Do not let all the wires on a new system scare you. The instructions will explain what each one dose. Follow them and you will not have any problems.

BEFORE you add power to your installation double-check all of your wiring. Typically, when I am wiring a system, speakers, an amp, or whatever I check my wires as I go that way I can be assured they are being connected to the right terminals.

When hooking up speakers, make sure the polarity is correct. Plus (+) to Plus (+) and Negative (-) to Negative (-) from your head unit or amp to the speakers. If you do not have these correct, you will loose a lot of bass.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:13 PM
Inactive User

there is already a hole cut in the dash from the previous owner so that is not a problem really thanks crutchfield was great