Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-11-2000, 03:25 AM
Inactive User

I have a '99 Ram Sport Regular Cab with the factory am/fm/cass/cd and 6 speaker system. I'd like to improve the sound quality (especially from the rear speakers - the stock units are useless) and increase the volume capacity. I want to keep the stock head unit, because I don't want to lose the steering wheel tuning and volume controls. My local stereo place recommended a Kenwood 25x4 amp (model 648s) to power the front and rear speakers, and Pioneer 1390 Premier speakers to replace the stock rear speakers. I'll keep the stock front speakers.

Anyone ever done this upgrade? Any suggestions? Anything else I should consider?
Old 01-11-2000, 05:11 PM
Inactive User

Smile

I'VE ACTUALLY DONE THAT CHANGE IN MY '98 5.9 GRAND CHEROKEE RETAINING THE FACTORY HEAD UNIT WITH THE SAME CONTROLS. YOU WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM BUT THERE ARE MANY OPTIONS THAT YOU CAN DO TO UPGRADE YOUR SOUND SYSTEM. MAKE SURE YOU DO SOME RESEARCH ON WHAT YOU ARE BUYING FOR YOUR MONEY AND THAT THERE ISN'T SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT IS BETTERR FOR THE SAME PRICE.
I'VE ALSO REVAMPED MY SYSTEM IN MY '98 RAM QC
BUT I CHANGED THE HEAD UNIT, A COUPLE OF AMPS, 1 TO POWER MY JL STEALTH BOX AND 2ND TO POWER ALL MY BOSTON ACCOUSTIC SPEAKERS, AN EQ AS WELL.
SO ITS BASICALLY LIKE THIS, WHAT TYPE OF SOUND YOU WANT?? YOU COULD ALSO CHECK OUT WWW.CRUTCHFIELD.COM THEY HAVE ALOT OF CHOICES BUT NOT EVERYTHING YOU WOULD NEED AND YOU CAN DO SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISONS WITH WHATEVER PRODUCTS YOU WANT. THEY ALSO SUPPLY THE NECESSARY INSTALLATION KITS FOR WHATEVER YOU MAY BUY FOR FREE. WHEN YOUR LOCAL DEALER WILL CHARGE YOU EXTRA FOR THEM. AND IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WHICH I DOUBT THAT YOU WOULD, THEY HAVE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALSO, YOU CAN PUNCH IN THE TYPE TRUCK YOU HAVE AND THEY WILL LIST WHAT WILL FIT EXACTLY. AND REMEMBER, WHAT YOU PAY IS WHAT YOU GET OR THINK YOU GET WITHOUT THE PROPER RESEARCH. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT!!