Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-02-2000, 01:28 AM
Inactive User

Question

Anyone have any ideas about this subject?
I've found a coumpany called P.I.E. http://www.pie.net, that sells adapters that plug into your factory oem stereo (must have cd controls) and into a Kenwood or alpine cd changer. I don't know if it's cheaper to do it that way than to install a factory changer, which would be nice to find a cheap, used one, but the idea is intriguing anyway.
Old 03-11-2000, 08:25 PM
Inactive User

I have a mopar changer on my radio with changer controls. I am very pleased with it. I found a used one from a guy that worked at DC.
I looked at the Alpine and they (Alpine) do not recommend using thier changers without thier radios. Ian
Old 03-11-2000, 11:24 PM
Inactive User

Sorry if you already know this, but you can also get what's called a RF changer. The CD changer comes witha unit that plugs in inbetween the antena wire and your factory radio. It has a small remote that is attached by a wire that you use to control the changer. These are nice because you don't need a factory radio that has CD changer controls since the remote has the controls.
Old 03-22-2000, 01:22 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Thanks for the replies to my question.

I am now seriously considering replacing the standard am/fm/cass with another oem unit but that has a cass/cd combo. Anyone has any comments on this? I know I can get better sound with aftermarket stuff, but 1)I don't want to lose the oem look, 2)I dont want to spend too much, as I am satisfied with the current system's sound (base radio RAS? with 8 speakers in six locations).

I just want to be able to play my cd's, and I prefer not to go the FM-modulated changer route.
Old 03-22-2000, 04:25 AM
Inactive User

That sounds like a great idea if you can find a good price for one. These are fairly expensive from chrysler, but you may be able to find a used one.

Let us know what you get!

------------------
86 D150: 2WD: 360(currently being restored)
85 ramcharger: 4x4: 318
94 sundance: 2.2L
Old 08-15-2000, 08:37 PM
Inactive User

I to have the stock RAS radio and want to try keeping a stock look. This place has Mopar radios for about a third the price the dealer can get. http://www.radiosandmore.com
I too am looking at getting the Cass/CD combo and then going and changing the stock speakers with Infinity Kappa's. Anybody done speaker upgrades, especially subs, what does it look like, how much room did you sacrifice?

[This message has been edited by intrepidman (edited August 15, 2000).]