Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Inactive User

Default where to locate front speakers in Duster

I have a 72 Duster with front speakers located in the kickpanels at this time. I have 3 sets of unmolested kickpanels I would like to use without installing speakers in them. Where and how would you all install if you were in my shoes? I have a spare dash I'm using for a Rallye Instrument cluster, and since I have no heater core or a/c, I thought maybe I could mount the speakers in the dash under the heater vents for the windshield. The only drawback I see is they arent separated very much. I have a new pair of 4" Pioneers that will fit there with a little finesse. Suggestions?

Bruce
Old 05-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Extra Stout

What about in your doors?
Old 05-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Inactive User

Hi Ram

I thought about the doors but I cant bring myself to cut up perfectly good door panels. Sometimes I cant believe I would cut up a dash but not a door panel. Just me I guess. I was hoping some audio fanatic would offer up some fix it all solution I had never thought of with some new mini gizmo designed to increase output of everything from speakers to Muffler bearings as well as blinker fluid!!! LOL.

Thanks for your suggestion

Bruce
Old 05-31-2002, 10:33 PM
Inactive User

make your own kick panel enclosures out of fiberglass
done right you would only need a way to mount them without damaging the kickpanels

I am planning on that for my cars
at the most I will have a small hole or 2 for a screw/bolt going through the panel

pull the dash off and see if there is any place your speakers will fit
in my volare I have a spot on either side that will take a 3 1/2,just have to cut the dash metal,and make a grill--accually I have a dash with that already done

how well do you want the sound
if you want a good sound-then the kicks are the best place to put them
if you just want something in the front the dash will do

could always make something under the dash-make brackets to hold the speakers below your knees
if you have a console-on either side facing the kicks

the only thing with the older cars is they never really had front speakers-at the most one in the center of the dash
could put 2 small speakers in that spot
so you are mainly left with cutting panels
Old 05-31-2002, 10:48 PM
Inactive User

I have one primo set of kickpanels I refuse to butcher, one set of tan colored in exc shape I may dye and refuse to butcher them as well. I have a set in ok condition that I went ahead and installed the pioneers in and Im happy with the install so far. Sometime in the future I want to revamp my interior and the kicks I am currently using will have to go.
I have cut up a dash to install a Rallye Instrument cluster, maybe I will put some in there. Still mulling it all over in my head.

Bruce

Old 06-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Inactive User

you can just mount them at an angle under your dash... if you understand what i am sayin. pretty much facing the floor board but aim them a little towards you.

------------------------------- bottom of dash
\_/ <----------speaker

----- |
brake gas pedal