Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-15-2002, 04:19 PM
Inactive User

Default Infinity Problem

I have a '92 Caravan w/ Infinity stereo. At times, the left front dash speaker quits. If I hit the power door lock switch , or rear power window switch in overhead, it will start to work. Any Ideas?
Thanks
Old 08-15-2002, 11:14 PM
Inactive User

Could be a few things I can think of, but more info would help a bit. Since it's a '92, I'm assuming the front doors have the amplified 5x7's. Does the left door or left rear speaker cut out as well?

Not sure if the front dash speakers still had amps on them yet or not, but when the speaker cuts out do you get any sound at all from it? If that amp has problems with power, the bass on that speaker would vanish and the speaker would sound strange.

If both the dash and door speaker cut out at the same time, I would suspect the wiring between the door and the chassis - it's possible there could be a short or partly broken wire in there doing something to the speaker wires. The power wires for the amp in the door should be ok - if those shorted out you'd have fuses blowing and all the amps would quit.

The other possibility is that the radio itself may be acting up - I've heard of a few odd failings in the Alpine made units, which yours likely is. I would suggest wiggling the door wires to see if the speaker cuts out, and if that doesn't do it have the radio checked out by a repair shop.